Vintage Tape Echo with Tap Tempo
The Wampler Faux Tape Echo V2 proves there's nothing like tape delay. On guitar, many digital delays sound sterile, cold, and lifeless. The Faux Tape Echo, on the other hand, gives your guitar the warmth and character found in vintage tape echo units, with the consistency and reliability of a modern digital effect. This hybrid pedal features a digital delay chip that's married with an all-analog signal path. If you want the undeniably characteristic tone of analog delay, with the performance convenience that tap tempo allows, pick up the Wampler Faux Tape Echo V2 from Sweetwater today.
Tap Tempo and Time Divisions
The Tap Tempo switch lets you control the speed of your delay with a simple tap of your foot, with 1/4, 1/8, dotted eight, and triplet time divisions available. Six dials give you total control, while a defeatable modulation circuit serves up amazing wow and flutter emulation based on your pick attack — there's a ton of creative potential here.
Wampler Faux Tape Echo V2 Delay Pedal Features:
- Analog warmth and classic tape echo sound
- Tap tempo footswitch lets you set tempo on the fly
- Hybrid of digital delay with analog signal path
- Doesn't mess with your basic guitar tone like many other delay pedals
- High-grade film capacitors and resistors picked for their superior sound and response
- 6 controls: Depth, Rate, Tone, Repeats, Delay Mix, and Delay
- Approximately 800ms of available delay time
- Completely true bypass
- Battery connection and 9-volt power jack (barrel plug, adapter optional); power draw: 33mA
- Handmade in the USA