DJPRE II: Phono Preamp for Modern DJs!
ARTcessories are a full line of clever, affordable processing tools for live sound, stage, and studio. The ARTcessories line is designed to deliver solutions for a number of audio needs - like having phantom power, having one or two more mixing channels, testing cables, headphone processing, preamplification for microphones and turntables, and many more real-world applications. With their affordable prices and simple design, the new line of ARTcessories will satisfy the needs of working musicians and sound engineers everywhere.
The ART DJPRE II solves the three basic problems common to vinyl records:
- 1. It is physically impossible to press them with ridges that end up allowing low frequencies to come out at the same reproduction level as mid and high frequencies. Bass compensation is therefore needed during playback.
- 2. Records produce a certain amount of hiss, which is covered up in post-production by boosting the gain of the high frequencies before pressing. Counter-EQing during playback compensates for this.
- 3. Magnetic cartridges produce a weak signal, which must be boosted to match the rest of the amplification, and this too is done during playback.
In the mid-1950s, the Recording Industry Association of America established compensation standards. The resulting RIAA preamp has been built into every hi-fi and stereo amplifier with phono or turntable inputs since then. A separate RIAA preamp is necessary when you are connecting a turntable to a mixer that does not have one built in.
The DJPRE II features an RIAA-type phono preamp circuit housed in a rugged metal case with full patching facilities for connecting it to a phono turntable and mixer.
- ART DJPRE II Phono Preamp Features:
- Dual RCA-type inputs
- Dual RCA-type outputs
- Ground terminal
- Power: 12V DC (Adapter included)
- Dimensions: 3.75 x 2.875 x 1.75 inches (95mm x 73mm x 45mm)
- Weight: 1 lb.