Ultimate Monitoring Control For The Digital Studio!
The PreSonus Central Station Plus is the perfect monitoring "hub" for your studio! With five stereo inputs (two digital and three analog) and three outputs, each providing the purest possible signal path, the Central Station is where all your audio sources can converge for high quality monitoring. And with the included CSR-1 remote control, you'll never need to leave your mix position to manage your monitoring.PreSonus Central Station at a Glance:
- Five inputs and three outputs for connecting multiple monitors
- Pure passive signal path for uncolored monitoring
- High-quality components and results from an economical device
When Presonus designed the Central Station, they wanted to make certain it met the needs of mixdown facilities that had multiple sets of monitors. So they gave Central Station five stereo input ports - three analog and two digital. Analog inputs 1 and 2 feature 1/4" TRS balanced jacks, while analog input 3 accepts unbalanced RCA connectors. A coaxial cable jack and a Toslink optical port handle the Central Station's S/PDIF digital ins.
...And three outputs The Central Station's three analog outputs - Speaker, Main and Cue - also are handled by 1/4" TRS balanced connectors. Speaker outs are passive; Main and Cue outs are active and impedance-balanced. So you can connect to powered or unpowered monitors, separate power amps, or whatever your studio configuration requires.Hear the true sound of your mix!
The Central Station features a purely passive signal path, offering almost totally transparent sonic quality. The main audio path uses no amplifier stages - no op amps, active ICs or chips, eliminating all coloration, noise and distortion. The Central Station delivers transparent, smooth, wide-frequency, high headroom/low noise monitoring, enabling you to hear the true sound of the mix. To minimize noise and maximize signal integrity, the Central Station uses sealed silver relays so that audio never passes through extraneous electronics. The Central Station also features dual fast-acting 30-segment peak/hold LEDs for accurate metering. The front panel of the Central Station includes both dBu and dBfs scales as well as peak/hold clear switch and meter alignment switch for additional metering options.
Compare the sonic quality to the price tag! PreSonus has used the highest quality passive components in order to ensure that the Central Station will produce a top-notch, professional sound. But most users will be shocked when they see the price tag! The simplicity and economy of the Central Station makes celebrated PreSonus technology available to even small project studios.
- Included CSR-1 remote control brings monitor management to your desktop
- S/PDIF coax or TOSlink digital input
- Two balanced TRS jacks and two RCA inputs with trim control
- D/A conversion up to 24-bit/192kHz
- Dual fast-acting 30-segment digital LED meters
- Omnidirectional condenser microphone routed through CUE outputs
- When talkback is used, the cue mix is automatically dimmed
- Two headphone outputs, MUTE, DIM, INPUT select, CUE select and OUTPUT select
- Optional remote control for talkback, mute, dim, and I/O selection