Legendary Yamaha Synth in a Plug-in!
When you load the Arturia CS-80 V2 virtual instrument plug-in, you'll be met with the legendary sound of the Yamaha CS-80. Hailed by many as the "ultimate polyphonic synthesizer" in its day, the CS-80 found itself onstage with the likes of Toto, Keith Emerson, Stevie Wonder, Peter Gabriel... the list goes on. Now 25+ years after its release, Arturia lets you rediscover this synthesizer's voice with the CS-80 V2 virtual instrument. Inside, you've got the sound of the original, plus a new generation of features with the Arturia CS-80 V2.Arturia CS-80 V2 Virtual Instrument and Plug-in at a Glance:
- A re-creation of a classic synth
- Adds sonic options the CS-80 never had
A re-creation of a classic synth
Introduced in 1976, the CS-80's distinct range of sounds were popularized in the late '70s and early '80s by a number of pop groups, including Electric Light Orchestra, Toto, Paul McCartney and Wings. Other artists and bands like Vangelis, Bon Jovi, Jean-Michel Jarre, Geoffrey Down, Stevie Wonder and some others turned the CS-80 into a real myth. Now, Arturia brings this famous synth to life for DAW users everywhere with the CS-80 V2 virtual instrument plug-in.
Adds sonic options the CS-80 never had
The CS-80 V2 offers all the features of the original Yamaha synth, plus a new generation of innovative features, taking the original design to a new elevated level. New features include a modulation matrix, a Multi Mode for assigning a different sound to each polyphonic voice, an arpeggiator, and a stereo delay.
- Works standalone or as a VST, RTAS, or AU plug-in
- All the original parameters of the Yamaha CS-80: 2 oscillators, 4 filters (high pass, low pass), 2 LFOs, 4 envelopes, 2 VCAs, 1 sub-oscillator (LFO), 1 ring modulator, chorus and tremolo
- New effect: Delay
- New Multi Mode: assign a different sound to each of the 8 voices of polyphony
- New Modulation Matrix with 12 sources to modulate a choice of 38 destination parameters
- More than 400 presets made by a selection of famous sound designers
- Polyphonic aftertouch
- 1 Arpeggiator
- Expression and sustain pedals
- Ribbon controller
- No aliasing from 0.1Hz to 16kHz
- 64-bit floating point precision
- Sampling rate: up to 96kHz
- Windows: Windows 2000/XP/Vista, 512 MB RAM; 1.5 GHz CPU
- Mac OS X: Mac OS X 10.3 or higher and Universal Binary, 512 MB RAM; 1.5 GHz CPU