The Universal Cardioid Condenser!
Need a versatile world-standard cardioid condenser microphone that can fit your limited budget? Sweetwater has your solution! The AKG C 1000 S delivers that famous AKG condenser sound and a new and improved satin-silver color body in a flexible, affordable package.AKG C 1000 S Condenser Microphone at a Glance:
- Great for mobile recording or live sound with phantom or battery power
- Cardioid pattern can be quickly switched to hypercardioid
- Rugged construction stands up to demanding environments
Great for mobile recording or live sound with phantom or battery power
The versatility of the C 1000 S makes this an extremely popular model, and one ideally suited for all kinds of recording and live sound applications. If no phantom power is available, the mic can be powered by a standard 9-volt battery, making it perfect for mobile use. With its new battery monitoring electronics, the C 1000 S now features a reliable LED warning light. The red LED above the microphone switch lights up when the C 1000 S remaining battery life falls below 45 minutes. You'll never be caught with a useless mic in situations where phantom power is not available!
Cardioid pattern can be quickly switched to hypercardioid
The C 1000 S polar pattern can quickly be switched from cardioid to hypercardioid simply by attaching the included PPC 1000 Polar Pattern Converter to the microphone capsule. Plus, The C 1000 S includes a PB 1000 Presence Boost Adapter that adds 3 to 5dB of high-end enhancement between 5 and 9kHz, improving clarity of speech and adding definition to instrument sounds.
Rugged construction stands up to demanding environments
The C 1000 S can handle studio or stage stresses very well, thanks to its durable steel case. A built-in spider shock mount protects the capsule from jolts and reduces handling noise. The on/off switch is recessed to avoid embarrassing "mic off" moments. High output, high sensitivity, great sound - the AKG C 1000 S is a very desirable mic!
- Cardioid condenser for studio or stage use
- Frequency range 50Hz-20kHz
- Max. SPL 137dB
- High sensitivity
- High output
- Rugged construction
- Polar pattern converter allows easy change between cardioid and hypercardioid patterns
- Presence boost adapter increases 5kHz-9kHz frequencies for vocal clarity
- Standard accessories: W1000 foam screen, SA43 stand adapter, and PPC polar pattern converter
- Recessed on/off switch
- Recommended for vocals, brass, woodwinds, high-hat, cymbals, snare drum and toms
- Built in elastic spider suspension