Turn Your Clock Over to Big Ben!
Big Ben sets a new standard for clocking! For years audio professionals have been asking when Apogee was going to make their legendary clocking technology available as a standalone master clock. Introducing Big Ben by Apogee, a radical new studio timepiece that will set the pace for master clocks for a long time! For nearly 150 years a tower named Big Ben has accurately kept time in London - now you can have that kind of accuracy in your studio with Apogee's Big Ben!
Apogee Big Ben at a Glance:
- Accurate, jitter-free clock with digital phase lock loop
- Added flexibility with format conversion capability
- Automatic termination sensing for complex audio chains
A Cure for the Jitters - Apogee's new C777 Clock
At the heart of any word clock regeneration is a phase lock loop (PLL). Most common applications use a combination of analog and digital elements without the ability to dynamically adapt to the nature of external clocks. That's where Big Ben's new C777 clock comes in. Big Ben utilizes an entirely digital process that Apogee has developed, using the most advanced Direct Digital Synthesis (DDS) technology available along with DSP based digital filtering. The result? Big Ben has the most aggressive jitter reduction ever. With a stable, crystal based digital PLL ticking away as its heart, Big Ben is able to intelligently manipulate incoming signals and adapt to them accordingly.
Added Flexibility with Format Conversion
Big Ben also does something that you wouldn't expect a master clock. Big Ben gives you the option of real-time format conversion. Use Big Ben's intuitive digital display to go from S/PDIF to AES, AES to ADAT, ADAT to S/PDIF and more.
Termination Issues... A Thing of the Past
Got a complex multi-unit digital audio chain? Apogee helps you stop watching the clock with Big Ben's termination sensing ability. Very often in an elaborate audio chain word clock signals are improperly terminated. Big Ben will chime in with a visual indication of over or under termination on its digital display for each word clock output, allowing you to troubleshoot more quickly and get back to business.
Apogee Big Ben Features:
- AES, S/PDIF, Optical I/O - Word Clock/Video In - 6 Word Clock Outs
- Optional Firewire connection to facilitate clocking and format conversion with other Firewire devices
- Real-time format conversion between all digital formats
- Direct Digital Synthesis (DDS) using Apogee's C777 Clock Technology up to 192kHz
- Adaptive Loop Filtering (ALF) to optimize clock performance and minimize jitter
- Fail-safe lock to external sources (Sure Lock) and Word Clock termination sensing