Two Wah Voices - One Great Pedal!
The Vox Big Bad Wah is the vision of legendary guitarist Joe Satriani. Satch wanted access to more than just one wah voice, so the wizards at Vox worked with Satch to built this beast of an effects pedal. Wah 1 offers up classic British-styled Vox wah tone through and through - and you can customize the Wah 2 to your liking, using two selectable inductors plus a Drive knob for a range of gains. And, for the ultimate in smooth, musical tone, Satch also helped designed the pedal pot on the Vox Big Bad Wah.Vox Big Bad Wah Effects Pedal at a Glance:
- Legendary Joe Satriani's vision of the ultimate Wah
- Two different onboard wah voices, one customizable
- Satriani-designed pedal pot, for smooth and musical tone
Legendary Joe Satriani's vision of the ultimate Wah
Joe "Satch" Satriani and the crew at Vox have been working together to develop a range of Satch's "ultimate" pedals - packing in everything Satriani's ever wanted in a particular effects pedal and building his dream pedalboard arsenal. When designing the Big Bad Wah, Satriani wanted to be sure he had access to more than just wah voice - without having to bend down and do too much tweaking to shake up his tone. This idea gave rise to the Big Bad Wah - it has two voices, easily selectable on the fly, and even customizable so you can build your signature wah sound.
Two different onboard wah voices, one customizable
Vox's Big Bad Wah sports two different wah voices, so you have access to two different wah voices onstage - without having to switch off one wah and turn on a differently tweaked wah. The first wah, Wah 1, sports Vox's signature UK sound - and is totally British through and through, only hot-rodded to meet Satriani's exacting tonal specifications. The second wah is customizable. You can choose from two inductors - one U.K.-style, one U.S.-style - and tweak a Drive knob, to get a wide range of gain. At the Drive knob's lowest setting, the Wah 2 mimics the gain of Wah 1. But, when you turn it up to its highest setting, you enjoy a 10dB boost - perfect for aggressive tones when soloing.
Satriani-designed pedal pot, for smooth and musical tone
Satriani helped craft everything about the Vox Big Bad Wah - and played through plenty of prototypes to be sure he landed on the perfect sound. Satch even designed the Big Bad Wah's pedal pot, so the pedal would respond with a smooth and musical tone, across the entire travel of the pedal.
- Two Wah Voices, on-the-fly switchable
- Wah 1 features a Vox-style British sound
- Wah 2 is user-customizable, with selectable inductors and a Drive Knob
- 10dB boost when Drive Knob is at its maximum setting
- Joe Satriani-designed wah tones and smooth, musical pedal pot
- Controls: Pedal Controller, Drive Knob, Voice Switch, Inductor Select
- Switch, Wah 1/Wah 2 Switch
- Jacks: 1 x Input, 1 x Output, 1 x DC 9V
- Input Impedance: 1M-ohms
- Output Impedance: 22k-ohms
- Current consumption: 4 mA
- Battery life: approximately 90 hours (when using zine-carbon battery)
- Dimensions (W x D x H): 5.12" x 9.96" x 3.07"
- Weight: 2.65 lbs. (without battery)
- Includes 1 9V battery, can be powered by optional power supply