Low-profile Kick Drum Miking Solution!
Shure's outstanding Beta 91A half-cardioid condenser boundary microphone lets you capture a kick drum's true punch, without taking up a lot of real estate onstage. In fact, the Beta 91A excels at picking up all kinds of low-frequency-intensive instruments; its response is tailored for bass frequencies. The Beta 91A's integrated preamp makes it a very convenient condenser, and its ability to handle high SPLs means worry-free use in any environment (even with the loudest live drummers). A 2-position contour switch lets you choose between a flat response or a low-mid-scooped punchy response. You'll love what the Beta 91 does for your live sound!
Shure Beta 91A Condenser Boundary Microphone Features:
- Type: Electret Condenser
- Frequency Response: 20Hz-20kHz
- Polar Pattern: Half-cardioid (cardioid in hemisphere above mounting surface)
- Impedance: 146 Ohms
- Sensitivity (at 1kHz, open circuit voltage): -48.5 dBV/Pa (3.8mV)
- Maximum SPL ( kHz at 1% THD): 1,000 ohm load: 151dB; 2500 Ohm load: 155dB
- Signal-to-Noise Ratio (referenced at 94 dB SPL at 1kHz): 64 dB
- Dynamic Range (at 1kHz): 1,000 Ohm load: 121.5dB; 2500 Ohm load: 125.5dB
- Common Mode Rejection (20Hz-20kHz): >55dB
- Clipping Level (20Hz-20 kHz at 1% THD) 1,000 ohm load: 7.50dBV, 2,500 ohm load: 12.5dBV
- Self Noise (typical, equivalent SPL, A-weighted): 29.5dB SPL-A
- Polarity: Positive pressure on diaphragm produces positive voltage on pin 2 with respect to pin 3
- Weight: 16.6 oz.
- Frequency Contour Switch: 7dB of attenuation centered at 400Hz
- Connector: 3-pin XLR, balanced
- Power Requirements: 11-52 Vdc phantom power, 5.6 mA
- Zipper pouch included