Massive Bass Sound You Can Fit in Your Gig Bag!
The compact TC Electronic BH250 bass guitar amplifier head brings a whole new level of portability and sound quality to your bass rig. Weighing in at just over 4 lbs. and packing an impressive 250 watts of power, the BH250 is one of the first fully functional bass amps you can easily stow in the accessory pocket of your gig bag. But that's only part of the larger-than-life quality of the BH250 bass guitar amplifier head. Onboard, you'll find TC Electronic's world-famous TonePrint technology, which lets you call up a wide range of cool bass effects custom built by some of the hottest bass players around. Add to that the ability to hook up to just about any cabinet, plus a balanced XLR direct output, and you're ready to play anywhere when you've got a TC Electronic BH250 bass amp head in your rig.
TC Electronic BH250 Compact Bass Amplifier Head at a Glance:
- Everything a bass player could ask for in a bass head
- TonePrint technology opens up a world of killer bass effects
Ditch the bulk without sacrificing functionality. With the BH250, TC Electronic tosses aside the notion that you only get full-sized control from a full-sized amp. Seriously, photos can hardly convey how portable this little amp is. We're talking about a mere 4 lbs. in a unit that's easily small enough to fit in your gig bag. And when you see what TC Electronic managed to pack in the BH250 bass amplifier, you're totally going to flip. For starters, the BH250 has two gain modes, accommodating both passive and active pickups equally well. A standard 3-band EQ circuit also lets you tweak your overall tone, allowing you to dial in the perfect sound for any venue. Another great thing about the BH250 is the handy built-in bass tuner, which you can use to tune 4-, 5-, and even 6-string bass guitars. There's a balanced XLR output for running direct, and a headphone jack for silent practice. And as a final special touch, TC Electronic designed the BH250 to play well with any cabinet or combination of cabinets with at least a 4-ohm load, so you practically never have to worry about what you hook up to it.TonePrint technology opens up a world of killer bass effects
By now, practically every serious guitar player has heard of TC Electronic's TonePrint technology. The BH250 takes this same super-flexible effects concept and applies it to bass. The way it works is simple. You just go to TC's website find the bass tone you want, and download it to your BH250 bass amp head for instant recall any time you want it. Choose from chorus, flanger, vibrato, compression, drive, or even a super-cool octaver effect. There's a handy blend knob that lets you control the wet/dry mix of whatever TonePrint effect you grab. Switching TonePrint effects on the TC Electronic BH250 bass amp is also a breeze, particularly if you have a smartphone. Then you just go to the TonePrint app, and browse for tones from there. You'll find all sorts of cool tones from top bass players such as Nathan East (Eric Clapton, Fourplay, Toto), Charles Cave (White Lies), Michael Shuman (Queens of the Stoneage), and many others. When it's time to load up your new tone, you just hold your smartphone's speaker up to your pickups, hit play, and let it do its magic. It's that simple.TC Electronic BD250 Compact Bass Amplifier Head Features:
- An ultra-portable bass guitar amplifier head that packs full-sized amp features into a compact frame
- 250-watt amplifier that's capable of powering any speaker cabinet with at least a 4-ohm load
- Onboard TonePrint bass effects let you load up chorus, flanger, vibrato, compression, drive, or octaver effects designed by many of the hottest bass players in modern music
- TonePrint wet/dry knob lets you blend in clean signal to taste
- Select the ideal gain staging for either active or passive pickups
- Shape your basic tone with the 3-band equalizer control
- Onboard tuner with switchable mute supports 4-, 5-, and 6-string bass tunings
- Balanced XLR output lets you run direct to the PA
- Headphone output for silent practice