A FET Mic You Can Use on Anything!
If you're looking for extreme versatility, Lauten Audio's Atlantis FC-387 is going to knock your socks off. This amazing large-diaphragm FET condenser mic takes Lauten Audio's reputation for building uniquely diverse microphones to a whole new level. Three distinct voicing switches let you use the Atlantis FC-387 to bring out the richness in your lows, the character of your mids, and the smoothness in your highs. So, what's a microphone like the Atlantis FC-387 good for? EVERYTHING! Ask your Sweetwater Sales Engineer about the Lauten Audio Atlantis FC-387 today!
Lauten Audio Atlantis FC-387 FET Condenser Microphone at a Glance:
- One microphone, three distinct voices
- A polar pattern to fit any environment
- Gain options for a wide range of sources
The Lauten Audio Atlantis FC-387 FET condenser microphone gives you a degree of control over your sound beyond the reach of most typical mics. That's largely because of its 3-way voicing switch, which lets you subtly but effectively contour its basic character. Set to its Gentle postion, the Atlantis FC-387 levels out bright peaks, taking the bite out of sibilant esses. The Neutral setting maintains even transparency without noticeably altering your sound, whereas the Forward voicing lets you add life to dull sources, without reaching for your EQ.A polar pattern to fit any environment
Just as important as its various voicings, the Atlantis FC-387 gives you three polar patterns to choose from, allowing you to record in any environment. The omnidirectional setting is open and responsive, allowing you to capture both the crispness of your source and the resonance of your recording environment. The Atlantis FC-387's cardioid mode, on the other hand, gives you excellent off-axis noise rejection and naturally tames some of the low end. Finally, Lauten Audio gave the Atlantis FC-387 a figure-8 setting, which provides you with amazing side-noise rejection.Gain options for a wide range of sources
Once you start using the Atlantis FC-387, you're going to want to stick it on everything. Luckily, Lauten Audio gave it a 3-way gain switch, so it can accommodate any instrument. For general use, the 0dB setting gives you the purest, most transparent sound. For a bit more presence (and to hit your mic preamp a bit harder), you can kick the Atlantis FC-387's output up by +10dB. If, on the other hand, you're recording a blaring guitar cab or using a pair of Atlantis FC-387 mics as overheads, you'll probably find its -10dB setting useful.Lauten Audio Atlantis FC-387 FET Condenser Microphone Features:
- Extremely versatile FET condenser microphone that's great for anything from vocals to didgeridoos
- Large-diaphragm, solid-state FET design provide a naturally smooth sound
- Individually hand-tuned capsule and premium high-resolution electronics provide unrivaled sound quality
- Switchable omni, figure-8, and cardioid polar patterns let you adapt to any environment
- 3 voicing options let you change the contour of your sound, mellowing out highs or bringing them forward
- 3 gain settings let you boost weaker signals and pad louder sources such as drums and guitar amplifiers
- Requires +48V phantom power