Cost-effective tools for mixing on a computer!
iZotope's Alloy is a completely configurable and self-contained software suite that contains six essential sound-shaping effects. Used on individual tracks or on buses, these sextuplets inject your audio with a distinct character, bridging the gap between analog tone and digital convenience. Included are a wide array of MacroPresets, which give you great jumping-off points to get you started on any audio task. Alloy excels at both creative and corrective endeavors, and will find a home in any studio, pro or project. iZotope has another affordable winner on their hands with Alloy!iZotope Alloy Complete Mixing Effects Suite at a Glance:
- Transient Shaper
Alloy's powerful 8-band EQ combines exceptional sonic quality with precise controls and a large spectrum overlay that gives you the best visual feedback of any EQ available. Enter EQ settings visually or with precise numerical values. You have the choice of Low Shelf, High Shelf, Peak, Lowpass, Sharp Lowpass, Highpass and Sharp Highpass modes for each band, and soft-saturation faithfully emulates analog EQs for a natural sound when pushed hard. For troubleshooting, Alt-click and use your mouse to solo and zero in on problem frequencies.
Alloy's Exciter features new Harmonic Scaling technology that lets you add gentle saturation to your tracks by emulating the sounds of tube pre-amps, tape, and other hardware devices in a unique new way. It's perfect for adding subtle character to everything from vocals to strings to drums. Blend between different Harmonic profiles including Tube, Tape, Transistor and more with an XY pad. Switch to Multiband mode to apply color to different frequency ranges independently. The unique spectrum meter shows you which frequencies are being affected by the Exciter, and the integrated stereo width control allows you to narrow or widen different frequency bands.
Shape percussive sounds and more with Alloy's Transient Shaper module. Add more "stick" to a snare, make a kick drum less boomy, or even apply Transient Shaper to hammered or plucked instruments to fine tune their attack character. Try Multiband mode for unmatched shaping of more complex material like drum loops and busses. Concise controls let you boost or cut the attack and sustain portions of transients with adjustable time values. Adjust sounds in different frequency ranges with powerful Multiband mode.
Smooth out vocals or slam your drum buss with a Dynamics module that combines the best characteristics of analog and digital compressors. While many "vintage emulated" dynamics plug-ins are useful on only some material, Alloy can switch between tasks with ease. And with advanced sidechaining and a multiband mode this is sure to become one of the most versatile mixing tools in your arsenal. Vintage mode combines a forgiving multi-stage release curve with program dependent characteristics; Digital mode provides clean, linear compression. The Gate/Expander provides gating and even upward compression effects, and sidechaining lets you trigger the Compressor or Gate from external sources — even to individual frequency bands in Multiband mode. Crosschaining lets you trigger dynamics processes on one band with audio from another, for completely new gating and ducking possibilities. Plus, there are two dynamics stages for parallel compression effects.
Tame vocal sibilance and harsh high frequencies in other instruments. Alloy's De-Esser lets you zero in on sibilant frequencies with a simple-to-use spectrum graph. It's perfect for transparently reigning in vocals, cymbals and other high frequency problem spots. The spectrum meter with solo control helps you set the De-Esser quickly and easily. Multiband mode affects just the sibilant frequencies, while Broadband mode affects the whole signal based on the sibilant band.
Alloy's Limiter module acts as a zero latency loudness maximizer for busses and tracks, automatically adding gain as you pull down the threshold. Or use it to keep a lid on your levels with a simple and efficient Brickwall limiter. Brickwall mode keeps peaks under zero at all times, or use Soft mode for more forgiving, smooth limiting. Phase Tools panel lets you optimize the symmetry of vocal and instrument waveforms to get more overall loudness, and zero-latency mode ensures your tracks and busses stay in sync, even in hosts without effective latency compensation.
Some plug-ins come with five or ten presets. Alloy comes with over 150 presets designed to give you the perfect starting point for a broad range of mixing tasks. MacroPresets customize Alloy's display to show you just the sliders and meters you need for the task at hand, giving you powerful preset signal chains with simple controls, making each preset feel like its own custom-tailored plug-in. MacroPresets combine the most useful parameters and meters for a preset into one useful view. Over 150 presets included covering individual instruments, ensembles, busses, utility tasks, broadcasting & podcasting, post production and more. Create or customize your own MacroPresets that show custom configurations of controls in Alloy's Macro screen.
- Six precision tools for mixing in one integrated system
- Load one plug-in for all of the essential EQ, dynamics and sound-shaping effects you need on your tracks and busses. Save custom presets and effect chains to suit any need
- Easy to navigate UI with precise controls and extensive visual feedback for setting modules
- Zero-latency operation for ease of use in Logic and Pro Tools
- User-customizable signal routing with two dynamics stages, sidechain mapping and more
- Dynamics, Exciter and Transient Shaper have both single and multiband operation, giving you more simplicity or more control depending on the task at hand
- Includes a huge range of presets that range from simple and useful EQ and Dynamics configurations to complex chains that use all six modules
- MacroPresets combine key controls from any combination of Alloy's six modules into a custom UI that shows just what you need to see
- Sidechaining support for VST, AU, RTAS and DirectX hosts lets you control the Dynamics section from other tracks in your mix. Affect the whole signal or zero in on just the frequency range you want with advanced multiband sidechaining
- Crosschaining allows you to trigger the dynamics section with another frequency band of the same input source for never-heard-before compression and gating effects
- Powerful workflow tools make your life simpler -- the History list lets you go back in time, and the integrated preset editor lets you browse, manage and customize presets easily
- System Requirements: Windows (XP, x64, Vista), Mac OS X 10.4 or later, (Universal Binary)
- Formats: Pro Tools 7+ (RTAS/ AudioSuite), VST, Audio Units, DirectX, MAS PC