This A-T Ribbon Mic is Sure to be Active in Your Studio!
The Audio-Technica AT4081 active ribbon microphone gives you the amazingly smooth and natural sound of a quality ribbon mic, but also adds a higher output than you'd expect! A-T built the AT4081 around their revolutionary, active ribbon transducer — but the AT4081's slender build more closely resembles that of a pencil condenser microphone body, which allows you to place it in wide variety of positions. Given its low-profile design and versatile placement options, the great-sounding AT4081 is ideal for miking strings, horns, drum overheads, and guitar cabinets.
Audio-Technica AT4081 Active Ribbon Microphone at a Glance:
- Classic ribbon sound, modern capabilities
- Tough, innovative ribbon design
- Step up to 40 series quality
Classic ribbon sound, modern capabilities
Delivering the warmth and natural sound of a classic ribbon microphone, Audio-Technica's handcrafted AT4081 offers a robust build for long-lasting performance and higher output for maximum compatibility with microphone preamplifiers. With its low-profile stick design, this microphone is a natural for use on a wide range of instruments (horns, strings, drum overheads, orchestras and more) and guitar cabinets in recording studios and live-sound settings.
Tough, innovative ribbon design
Equally at home in recording studios and live-sound settings, the microphone features Audio-Technica's innovative MicroLinear ribbon imprint, which protects the dual ribbons from lateral flexing and distortion. Audio-Technica's innovative ribbon transducer advances the evolution of ribbon microphone design!
Step up to 40 series quality
Audio-Technica's 40 series microphones let you capture great sound, and they let you do it the way you want. Designed from the ground up for premium performance, these 40 series mics are also built to keep on performing over the long haul — any of the great mics in this series makes a perfect addition to your mic locker! Best of all, these 40 series mics provide top-shelf A-T quality that's suitable for elite studio facilities — at prices that put them well within your reach!
- Low-profile stick design maximizes placement options
- Smooth, warm and natural sound tuned for instrument reproduction
- Audio-Technica ribbon design with 18 patents pending including proprietary MicroLinear ribbon imprint for superior durability
- Innovative dual ribbon construction for increased sensitivity
- Extremely powerful N50 neodymium magnets for high output level
- Superfine mesh guards against ribbon damage
- High SPL capability and extended frequency response
- Handmade production, including ribbon corrugation, imprint and assembly
- Phantom-powered active electronics provide stable impedance and higher output for maximum compatibility with microphone preamps
- Polar pattern: Figure-8
- Frequency response: 30Hz-18kHz
- Open circuit sensitivity: -42dB (7.9 mV) dB re 1V at 1 Pa
- Impedance: 100 ohms
- Max input sound level: 150dB SPL, 1kHz at 1% T.H.D.
- Noise: 25dB SPL
- Dynamic range (typical): Mid - 125dB, 1kHz at Max SPL
- Signal-to-noise ratio: 69dB, 1kHz at 1 Pa
- Weight: 5.4 oz.
- Dimensions: 6.1" length; 0.83" maximum body diameter
- Output connectors: Integral 3-pin XLRM-type
- Included accessories: AT8471 isolation clamp for 5/8"-27 threaded stands; 5/8"-27 threaded adapter; windscreen; protective carrying case
- Requires +48V phantom power