Major MIDI Control!
Way more than a keyboard! Roland's A-800 PRO is one serious MIDI controller. Beyond having 61 velocity-sensitive keys for playing virtual instruments, this beast boasts a total of 45 assignable controls - knobs, buttons, sliders, and more. You can assign out the controls however you want, so you can get your hands on your mix, finger drum on the 8 Dynamic Pads, control recording start/stop/playback... whatever your workflow demands. If you're choosing your first MIDI controller, you can't go wrong with the A-800 PRO. The keys glide under your fingers, you've got controls for whatever you want, it works with your Mac or PC... and the A-800 PRO even comes with sweet software. Nice.
When you're getting a MIDI controller, you've got factors to consider. Mainly, you want to make sure you have the level of control you need. Why have only keys, then, when you can grab the A-800 PRO and load up with 61 keys plus 45 different controls for your DAW? If portability's a concern also, the A-800 PRO still fits the bill. It can be powered by your Mac or PC over USB - no need for an AC adapter, unless you want one. That means the A-800 PRO and your laptop are a perfect pair for your music-making needs.Roland A-800 PRO 61-key MIDI Controller Features at a Glance:
- 61-key MIDI controller with velocity-sensitive keys
- 45 assignable controls: knobs, sliders, buttons, transport, and more
- 8 dynamic pads for finger drumming and MIDI triggering
- Sure-grip Pitch Bend/Modulation stick
- Sustain and Expression pedal jacks to expand playability
- USB bus powered - no AC adapter required
- Both Mac and PC compatible