Classic Bass Tone in Limited Run Finishes!
Paul McCartney first picked up a Hofner 500/1 Violin Bass in 1961, and by 1962 the Fab Four's bass player was fast on his way to turning this instrument into a staple of early rock. This Vintage '62 Violin Bass gives you the same amazing experience, providing you with timeless sound, style, and playing comfort - and now you can have it all in a cool and unique finish, hand-selected by Sweetwater's guitar experts. Between its toneful flame maple and spruce construction and its classic Hofner Staple humbuckers, this Vintage '62 Violin Bass delivers the warm, woody, and vibrant sound that held down the back beat of the golden age of rock and roll.
Hofner Vintage '62 Violin Bass at a Glance:
- A spot-on re-creation of Hofner's famous '62 Violin Bass
- Hofner Staple humbuckers deliver classic bass guitar tone
- Hofner - creating fantastic stringed instruments since 1887
By 1962, Paul McCartney's Violin Bass had become a permanent fixture on the Beatles' bandstand. What began as a conveniently symmetrical instrument that wouldn't look too awkward flipped upside down (to accommodate McCartney's left handedness) quickly turned into a major part of the Beatles' sound. This Vintage '62 Violin Bass captures the sound and spirit of this legendary bass perfectly, while giving you a style all your own thanks to a special run of finishes hand picked for you by Sweetwater's guitar gurus.Hofner Staple humbuckers deliver classic bass guitar tone
Everyone knows that the biggest contributor to your tone is the set of pickups loaded in your instrument. The Staple humbuckers that come standard on the Vintage '62 Violin Bass are designed to provide you with the same vintage bass tone that put Hofner on the map, back in the early mid '60s. So, if you're looking for that iconic warm, woody, and almost acoustic tone, then you'll be thrilled with this Vintage '62 Violin Bass!Hofner - creating fantastic stringed instruments since 1887
Karl Hofner sold his first violins in 1887, and the Hofner company has been hand-building exceptional instruments ever since. When Sir Paul McCartney purchased a 500/1 Violin Bass to use with The Beatles, Hofner became a household name amongst musicians worldwide. With a focus on top-notch craftsmanship and tone, you'll feel and hear the difference when you get the Vintage '62 Violin Bass in your hands.Hofner Vintage '62 Violin Bass Features:
- A prefect re-creation of Hofner's '62 hollowbody electric bass
- Unique and limited run finish - selected for you by Sweetwater's Guitar Gallery Experts
- Flame maple back and sides topped with spruce provide plenty of natural acoustic resonance
- 2-piece flame maple neck looks amazing and delivers phenomenal natural sustain
- Hofner Staple humbuckers deliver classic warm, woody, and almost acoustic-style tone
- Full set of traditional 500/1 style tone controls let you dial the perfect sound for any tune
- Hofner vintage strap and hardshell case included