Mil-Standard, Submersible, Universal Laptop Transport
While you may not plan on giving your laptop a bath, you never know what can happen on the road. Things flood, and gear gets left in the rain. Whatever the hazzard, it's good to know that your precious laptop is safe and secure from any kind of mishap - from dropping to drowning. The SKB 3i1813 Universal Laptop Computer Transport that is completely submersible and lives up to military standards. These new SKB Injection Molded Mil-Standard Utility Cases are molded of ultra high-strength polypropylene copolymer resin, featuring a gasketed, water and dust tight, submersible design (IP67) that is resistant to corrosion and impact damage. They're built to last, with continuous molded-in hinge, patent pending "trigger release" latch system, comfortable, snap-down rubber over-molded cushion grip handle, and automatic ambient pressure equalization valve (MIL-STD-648C). These new Mil-Standard Utility Cases are sized to accommodate airline regulations for traveling in the overhead luggage compartments for added safety to technical gear.SKB 3i1813 Features:
- Ultra high-strength polypropylene copolymer resin
- Gasketed, water and dust-tight submersible design (MIL-C-4150J)
- Resistant to UV, solvents, corrosion, fungus and impact damage (MIL-STD-810F)
- Continuous molded-in hinge with stainless steel pin
- Patent pending "trigger release" latch system
- Comfortable, snap-down, rubber over-molded handle
- Automatic ambient pressure equalization valve (MIL-STD-648C and IP67)
- Cases stack securely and accommodate padlocks
- adjustable puzzle foam interior accommodates most PC and Macintosh laptop models up to 17"
- Independent laboratory test results confirm that a laptop dropped from 18" in a competitors' hardshell case is subjected to 2.85 times the G-force stress as a computer packed in the SKB 3i1813.