Cakewalk has announced that it has updated its popular SONAR Home Studio 7 and Home Studio 7 XL software to version 7.0.1. This update enhances performance and usability across the entire application. Just some of the issues resolved in SONAR Home Studio v7.0.1 include:
- Inserting and assigning sends is more stable and responsive.
- Arming single parameters for automation is now functioning properly.
- The Insert Controllers command no longer causes freezes and instability in SONAR Home Studio.
- Editing track and bus names no longer causes CPU spikes.
- The Plug-in Manager no longer crashes on exporting a preset from the ACT MIDI Controller.
- Inaccuracies have been corrected regarding nudging, snapping, sliding, and inserting time by Frames.
- Instabilities regarding QuickTime import/export have been addressed.
- In rare cases, SONAR Home Studio would crash when recording a stream of MIDI data (more likely on multi-core/multi-processor systems). This has been fixed.
- Loading projects saved with the Loop Explorer View or Loop Construction View opened no longer causes system instability.
- On some system configurations, project playback would stall/pause intermittently. This has been corrected.
- Multi-selected clips could not be cropped together at certain zoom levels. This has been fixed.
- The Quick Start dialogue is now available in all languages.
SONAR Home Studio 7 owners who wish to upgrade to the Cakewalk SONAR 8 Producer Edition can now do so for $299.97. Other qualifying products for this upgrade include Guitar Tracks, Guitar Tracks Pro, Kinetic, Pro Audio, and Project 5.
Our friends over at Apogee have just announced compatibility with the recently released Mac OS X Leopard update, version 10.5.6. All of Apogee’s Mac-compatible audio interfaces have been tested with 10.5.6, which includes: