Portable Apogee-quality sound!
Building on the success of the Ensemble, Apogee's Duet offers you the same integrated hardware and software technology in a streamlined 2-channel audio interface. Its low-profile design makes it a perfect fit for your Apple-based home studio or laptop workstation. The Duet offers you 100% Apogee quality and clarity, with pristine 24-bit/96kHz audio resolution and ultra-clear microphone preamps for pro-level audio. Like the Ensemble, the Duet integrates seamlessly with Logic, Final Cut, Soundtrack Pro, and GarageBand software for the ultimate in stability. And it gets its power from your computer via its FireWire 400 connection, so you can take Duet with you anywhere to make incredible sounding recordings!
Duet is the first two-channel audio interface with control functions built directly into Apple's music and video production software, but what if you want to use Duet with other audio applications on your Mac? No problem — the included Maestro software lets you use the Duet with any core-audio-based program. With Maestro, you can control all of Duet's capabilities and settings and use Duet with any Core Audio-compatible application. With the assignable MIDI and selective muting options in Maestro, Duet's control knob becomes a one-touch manager of all your I/O functions while totally simplifying the process of recording and listening, and a simple setting in Maestro lets you monitor your input and output levels.
The Apogee Duet gives you two superbly clear microphone inputs, each with phantom power and up to 75dB of gain. An I/O breakout cable makes connecting your microphones, instruments, and speakers easy and elegant. The breakout cable has two XLR connections and dual, 1/4" high impedance inputs, which are ideal for any combination of two instruments, such as guitars, basses, and keyboards. Each high-quality connector is clearly labeled with the corresponding icon and the speaker connectors are distinguished by a unique purple slider. The breakout cable provides a natural strain relief between the Duet and its connections, and it lets you easily disconnect your Duet from your equipment for on-the-go portability.Apogee Duet 2-channel FireWire Interface Features at a Glance:
- Two channels of professional-quality 24-bit/96kHz audio input and output
- Two balanced XLR inputs, with selectable 48V phantom power on each input
- Two unbalanced high impedance instrument inputs
- One high-level stereo headphone output
- Two unbalanced -10 dBV line outputs for powered speakers
- Multi-function controller knob for volume and input gain control and assignable MIDI control
- Multi-segment LED meters to display input or output levels
- FireWire 400, compatible with Mac OS X Core Audio
- Two-Channel FireWire Audio Interface
- Control functions built directly into Apple's Logic Pro, Soundtrack Pro and GarageBand
- Apogee's Maestro software for advanced control and low latency mixing
- Computer: Mac G4 1GHz or faster, G5 or Intel CPU
- Memory: 1 GB RAM minimum, 2 GB recommended
- OS: 10.4.10 or greater