PreSonus has released Studio One 2.5, a major update for the popular DAW. The new version includes nearly 100 enhancements along with many bug fixes. All four versions of Studio One 2 have been updated: Studio One 2 Artist, Studio One 2 Producer, Studio One 2 Professional, and Studio One 2 Free.
Among the biggest enhancements are:
- Single-swipe comping with automatic beaming into parts.
- Folder Track editing with waveform preview.
- Multitrack/multioutput transform of virtual instruments into audio tracks and back.
- New cabinet impulse responses and reworked amp models in Ampire XT
- Easier and faster editing of automation envelopes
- Audio export enhancements.
- Re-recording from buses allows use of virtual instrument and bus channel outputs to feed audio tracks for printing submixes, effects, and virtual instruments.
- Drag and drop Event Effects
- Parallel processing for PreSonus Native Effects with Wet/Dry Mix and Mix Lock.
- Legato and overlap correction for MIDI tracks.
- and much much more!
In addition to these improvements, Studio One 2 Producer and Studio One 2 Professional users can download a free copy of Softube’s Saturation Knob plug-in.