“I’m receiving an “Error 218″ message when launching GigaStudio. What can I do for this?”
Error 218 is believed to be due to corrupt data. The solution is to perform a complete uninstall and reinstall of the GigaStudio software. The following are the steps you need to take to perform a clean uninstall and reinstall of GigaStudio on Windows 2000 and Windows XP:
1. Browse to Program Files>NemeSys>GigaStudio and save prf. (performance) files for backup. Also back up any .gig (Giga instrument) files in this directory to another location.
2. Go to Start>Settings>Control Panel>Add/Remove Programs and un-install GigaStudio.
3. Re-Start your computer.
4. Once the system re-boots, delete all shortcuts for GigaStudio.
5. Go to My Computer>Program Files> and delete the NemeSys folder. Empty the Recycle Bin.
6. Re-Start your computer.
7. Go to Start>Run> type “regedit” and press enter. Next, go to
HK_CURRENT_USER>Software>Conexant and delete this folder. Delete the NemeSys folder as well.
8. In the Registry, go to HK_LOCAL_MACHINE>Software>Conexant and delete this folder. Delete the NemeSys folder as well.
9. Go to Start>Find>Files or Folders> Do a find on all the following files and delete them as well:
10. If you previously ran GigaStudio on Windows 95, Windows 98, Windows 98SE, or Windows ME and then upgraded this system to Windows XP or 2000, Go to Start>Find>Files or Folders> Do a find on all the following files and delete them as well:
11. Re-Start your computer.
12. After your system reboots, install GigaStudio. (Make sure to be thorough and exact with the info you enter during this process. This will matter in future registration and support aspects.) During this process you will be asked to insert your GigaPiano Disc.
13. Re-Start your computer, when prompted to do so.
14. Launch GigaStudio and run the Quick Sound database. This feature will establish the initial database that GigaStudio uses to locate instruments on your system.
15. Register GigaStudio (GigaPiano disc needed) Make sure the information you enter during this process is identical to the info contained in the registration text file generated upon install. This file can be found in your Program Files>NemeSys>GigaStudio folder. Upon submitting your registration info you will receive a “Registration Key” that will allow you to complete the process.