When troubleshooting a tech problem, always begin by checking the most obvious things first — in many cases, you’ll be tempted to say, “That’s too simple, it CAN’T be that…” But, in reality, the most obvious answer is, well, often the most obvious answer! Just a few examples of the kinds of things we’re talking about:
- Is the unit plugged in?
- Is the power switch turned on?
- Are the monitors/monitor amp turned on?
- Are the monitors connected?
- Is a mute or solo switch pushed somewhere?
- Did a cable get accidentally pulled part-way out of its jack?
- Is the volume knob turned down?
You’d be surprised how often these sorts of simple, obvious things are the reasons for problems!