Lynx has released version 5 firmware for the Hilo. Among the many new features and enhancements are:
- DSD Playback
- Solo function for any input channel
- Test tone at 1kHz, routable to any output with level control in 0.5dB increments.
- Improved Screen Dim Function; a delay can also be set to dim or turn the display down all the way.
- Namable Scene Memories
- Upgraded ADAT section with up to eight channels
- Faster, calibratible analog metering
Other features include an improved Stereo/Mono section and color-coded level indicators for the monitor and headphone volume.