One of Logic’s best features is its Key Commands. Here are some of the most useful when automating.
- Set All Tracks To Automation
- Off/Read/Touch/Write/Latch/MIDI: This set of commands can be used to globally select the automation mode on all tracks.
- Toggle Current Track Automation Off/Read: It’s often useful to switch a track’s automation off when playing back a song. For example, if you want to adjust the sound of a synth while playing back the song, it can be annoying if the level keeps rising and falling! There are also Key Commands to set all Tracks to Read mode.
- Delete All Automation Data Of Current Track.
- Delete Currently Visible Automation Data Of Current Track: This is a good way to get rid of a specific type of automation data.