rrrabuyvsvsveytfazersurdwarubawvev0% Interest for 24 Months! Learn more »
(800) 222-4700
  • Español: (800) 222-4701
June 2017 Giveaway

Does my iPad Battery Suffer from “Memory Effect”?

Q: I was told that the battery in my iPad doesn’t have problems with memory effect. Is this true?

A: It is true. Memory effect, where (short explanation) a battery doesn’t fully charge because it hasn’t been fully discharged does not affect lithium-ion polymer batteries, the type of battery used in iPads, iPhones, and iPods.

When charged lithium-ion polymer batteries charge to 80% fairly quickly, then “trickle” charge slowly for the remaining 20%. This fast recharge is a big benefit to musicians who may need to grab their trusty iPad any time inspiration strikes.

Share this Article