Q: “Can I make GarageBand work with my Digi 001 (or Mbox, Digi 002, Digi 002 Rack)?”
A: I actually stumbled upon this question and subsequent answer while visiting the MacCentral forums – a wonderful place for any Mac-Centric inSync reader out there – but have reformatted the answer. GarageBand is a great way to get some loops created, or record some of its instruments, to be eventually ported over to your Pro Tools system. It’s all about making music, and GarageBand is a wonderful tool for doing just that!
To make Digi hardware available to GarageBand, do the following:
- Start the Digidesign CoreAudio Setup application
- Click the Supported Applications button in the resulting Digidesign CoreAudio Setup window
- Click the [Add New Application] button in the window that appears
- Navigate to the [GarageBand] application, and click Choose.
- Your Digi hardware will now be available from the [Audio/MIDI] tab within GarageBand’s Preferences window!