Complete the following steps to install the drivers for your MOTU USB MIDI interface.
1. Power off the interface, and disconnect the USB cable from the back of the unit.
2. Open the Windows Control Panel, and double-click on Add or Remove Programs. Remove the ClockWorks program and any other MOTU MIDI software that you see listed there.
3. Open the Windows Device Manager (Control Panel > System > Hardware > Device Manager). Uninstall any MOTU MIDI devices or devices with a yellow exclamation point or question mark icon. (These will probably be listed as “Other Device” or “Unknown Device.”)
4. Reboot the computer.
5. Go to motu.com, and click on the Downloads link at the top of the page. You will need to enter your motu.com username and password to reach the downloads page. (Create an account if you don’t have one already.) After you log in, click on the Windows logo. On the following page, under the Windows XP heading, click on MIDI Interface Software. Download the latest version of the 32-bit MOTU USB MIDI installer package (v220.127.116.11).
6. When the download is complete, locate the 32Midi.zip file. Right-click on that file, and choose “Extract files” to extract the contents of the ZIP archive. After extraction, there will be a folder named 32Midi. Inside the 32Midi folder, double-click the Setup program to start the installer. A message may appear to inform you that the driver being installed has not been certified by Microsoft. Click “Continue Anyway” to continue the installation. When the installer has finished, reboot the computer.
7. After rebooting the computer and logging in to Windows, connect the USB cable to the interface and turn it on.
8. The Found New Hardware Wizard will appear, and you should choose “Install Automatically.” If the wizard asks if you want to connect to the internet to find updated drivers, choose “No, not this time.” If a message appears to inform you that the drivers have not been certified by Microsoft, choose “Continue Anyway.” When the wizard is finished, you should see a message that the interface is installed and ready to use.
9. If you’re using an interface that works with ClockWorks (MTP-AV, Express XT, MicroExpress), go to Start menu > All Programs > MOTU, and open the ClockWorks program to confirm that the device is correctly detected by the computer. All correctly installed MOTU USB MIDI interfaces will appear as MOTU MIDI Device in the Windows Device Manager.