1. Regardless of your VF-16’S firmware version, Update to Version 3.02
2. Back up to the external device after updating to version 3.02
3. Format Hard disk.
4. Load data
1. Download version 3.02 software from the Fostex website http://www.fostex.com/Support/downloads.html and unzip.
2. Copy unzipped file to your external SCSI removable hard drive (i.e. ZIP DRIVE).
*You need to pre-format the cartridge with Windows OS first.
3. Connect the drive to VF16 SCSI port and turn power ON.
4. When VF16 asks to update software, press ENTER/YES.
5. When VF16 asks to update software a second time, press EXIT/NO.
6. Back up any material recorded on your VF16 (via any method available to you)
7. Press “SETUP”
8. Using the data wheel choose “HD Format”, Press ENTER/YES.
9. Using the data wheel choose “Quick Format”, Press ENTER/YES.
10. Update is now complete and you can load the saved data back again.
1. Back up any material recorded on your VF16 (via any method available to you)
2. Ship your VF16 to the following address:
VF16 version 3 Update
15431 Blackburn Ave
Norwalk, CA 90650
3 . Our service department will update software and re-format the internal hard drive.
4 . Your VF16 will then be shipped back to you. (Expected turn around time: 5 working days)