The Alesis iO DOCK may require a firmware update for proper operation with iPad and iPad2 using iOS 5. The latest firmware revision may be downloaded from www.alesis.com/iodock by clicking on the “Docs & Downloads” option.
To Update Firmware:
1. Remove iPad from iO DOCK.
2. Connect iO DOCK to your computer (via USB) and to wall power (with the included power adapter).
3. Power on iO DOCK.
4. Open the Firmware Updater on your computer.
5. Drag the firmware file you downloaded from the Alesis website (also included with this download) over the Firmware Updater window and release it. The update process will begin.
*** Do not disconnect iO DOCK from your computer or from its power source during this process. Doing so could damage your unit. ***
6. A window will appear when the updating process is complete. You can now close the Firmware Updater and disconnect iO DOCK from your computer. iO DOCK is now ready to use.
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
To verify the firmware has been updated:
1. Connect your iPad to iO DOCK.
2. Go to Settings > General > About.
3. At the bottom of the screen, tap “Alesis iO DOCK.” Your firmware version will be displayed next to “Firmware Revision.”