Allen & Heath digital mixing for a live environment!
The Allen & Heath iLive digital mixing console system brings the A & H name into the world of live digital mixing. Long a legendary name in the world of analog consoles, the company's foray into digital mixing is characteristically classic and functional. The iLive digital mixing console system combines a powerful digital mix engine with the hands-on, familiar feel of a live console, and the amount of control and peripheral options is incredible. You get the touch of analog and the power and functionality of digital with the Allen & Heath iLive digital mixing console system.Allen & Heath iLive-T112/48 at a Glance:
- 48 mic/112 fader strip system
- Control Surface
- The mix layout and local audio
- Networking and control
- Mixrack and Mix engine
- Mic inputs
- Processing Strip
- Surface Mixing controls
- iLive-T FX
This System is the bigger iLive-T112 surface with 28 faders and 4 layers (112 strips) at FOH mix position and the iDR-48 rack on stage near the sources. You get 72 sources to the mix including 48 mics on stage, 16 local line inputs at the surface and 8 stereo internal FX returns. The ACE digital snake replaces the traditional heavy copper multi-core that would be needed with a conventional console. This single CAT5 cable provides the network link for the surface to control the rack and also transports local audio to and from the mix position. Audio available at the rack includes 24 XLR line out, while the surface provides 12 line out (eight TRS, two RCA, and one S/PDIF).Control Surface
The T Series surfaces feature the same intuitive layout that has delighted iLive users around the world. Its instantly accessible analog-style rotary controls and switches, visually informative channel labeling and color coding, comprehensive metering, graphical color touchscreen, and logical layout allows the user to avoid fiddly menus and instinctively find controls. The jump from analog to digital has never been so easy.The mix layout and local audio
Each bank of faders has four layers that can be freely assigned as mono or stereo inputs, group, aux, main, matrix mix masters, DCA masters, and even engineers Wedge/IEM monitor for total control. The rear of the surface provides a host of connections for local sources, sends and inserted devices, so there is no need for a second I/O rack at mix position.Networking and control
The T Surface connects to the MixRack using the ACETM link, which combines control and remote audio over a single cable. A built-in network switch allows connection of other network devices using TCP/IP such as a laptop running iLive Editor software. MIDI and USB ports are also available.MixRack and Mix engine
iLive-T puts the audio and its processing right where it is needed, near to the sources on stage. The MixRack houses the mic preamps, sends, DSP and digital snake interface, which is controlled at the mix position. Both MixRacks feature the same iDR-64 RackExtra DSP engine employed in the flagship iLive Series, providing full processing and mixing for 64 channels and 32 configurable mix buses as well as 8 stereo FX engines based on emulations of popular industry classics. Imagine the gear needed for an equivalent analog system to provide 64 gates and de-essers, 96 compressors and limiters, 112 fully parametric EQs, 96 delays, 32 graphic EQs and 8 FX units!Mic inputs
The MixRacks differ only in the number of input and output sockets available. The smaller iDR-32 provides 32 mic/line preamps and 16 XLR outputs, while the iDR-48 has 48 preamps and 24 outputs. Built-in patch bays enable the user to split, cross-patch and map channels and sends, requiring fewer sockets than equivalent fixed architecture consoles in many applications. A new high quality mic preamp with 80dB/1dB resolution gain range, exceptionally low latency and optimized audio signal path ensure the superb performance and sound quality for which iLive has become renowned.Processing Strip
The iLive-T Surface features the proven and popular 'Processing Strip' found on our flagship iLive system. It's a combination of dedicated functional controls for Gain and Preamp, HPF, Gate, Parametric EQ, Compressor and Limited/De-Esser, which can be applied to any DSP channel in the iLive system, with full metering within each processing block. In addition, every processor features a SEL button for parameter copy and reset, or for headphone monitoring of any point in the channel signal path including the side-chain filters. All processing is available on each DSP channel all the time so you can never run out of DSP power!Surface Mixing controls
Further controls on the iLive-T surface provide copy & paste of settings across strips, navigating between layers and scenes, and a selection of monitor and talkback options. To help identify channels, color-definable 'Write-On Blocks' for channel naming are provided, where the background of the channel LCD can be set to suit the user's preferences - for example, green for inputs, light blue for auxes, red for DCAs, or to highlight specific inputs.iLive-T FX
iLive has an array of built-in 'rack' FX options modeled on simulations of the best products available, and these are represented graphically on the TouchScreen, from where the FX parameters can be edited. With 8 DSP engines available, there are plenty of options for system effects, such as delay and reverb, as well as inserted effects such as chorus and double tracking. Each of the effects units has a 'back panel' where I/O routing is set up.
- SMR Reverb: designed for live sound reverb processing, with emulations of industry standard units based on 4 complex models: Classic, Hall, Room and EMT.
- 2-Tap delay: a comprehensive delay processor providing separate L and R tap delay outputs with onscreen tap tempo for fast and simple set up.
- ADT Double Tracker: creates short echo, classic double/quad tracking FX and 'slapback' tape delay loops.
- Chorus: emulates classic chorus units with additional stereo field enhancement, providing effects from 'shimmer' to deep stereo pitch modulation.
- Electric Flange: provides emulations of 'ambient' tape machine flanging from 'vintage' classic sounds to 'wild' untamable flange FX.
- Symphonic Chorus: the popular 80's chorus with vox and strings presets.
- Hypabass: a sub-harmonic synthesis unit to generate infra and sub-bass spectrum from a weaker bass program.
- Gated Verb: contains the classic 80's emulation, plus 'panned' and 'powerbox' gated reverbs, the module also has a visual display of the gate time domain envelope
- Distributed system - Separate MixRack and Surface
- 48 mic MixRacks (32 mic MixRack also avail)
- 28 Fader Control Surface w/4 layers (20 fader/4 layer also avail)
- TCP/IP network and PL-Anet control
- ACE Audio and Control over Ethernet link up to 120m single CAT5
- Systems from 40in/24out to 64in/36out sockets
- New, high grade, recallable mic/line preamps
- Local analog and SPDIF I/O available at the surface
- 64x32 RackExtra DSP engine with 8 stereo FX processors
- Stereo FX slots emulating high quality popular devices
- Up to 72 sources to the mix
- 3 Dynamics, PEQ, HPF and Delay on all 64 channels
- 2 Dynamics, PEQ, Delay and GEQ on all 32 mixes
- Fully configurable audio bus architecture
- 10 Main mix types including unique Sub mix mode
- Fully-assignable surface strip layout
- User definable channel names and colors
- Monitor capability with engineer's Wedge and IEM strips
- Input, output and insert soft patch bays
- Quick access, analog style channel controls
- Touchscreen for graphical view and setup
- Channel or mix view of sends on faders or rotaries
- Quick copy, paste and reset of mixes and parameters
- Libraries, Scenes and Show memories with USB transfer
- Get started quickly with built-in Template Shows
- Password protectable user profiles
- Editor software for online or offline PC control
- Carry out independent tasks with laptop and Surface
- Compatible with Allen & Heath PL remote controllers
- MIDI interface at both the MixRack and Surface
- Plug-in card slot for popular audio network and interface options
- Compatible with components from the flagship iLive range