Your Own Personal Guitar Custom Shop!
Get the most out of your Line 6 Variax guitar with the Variax Workbench software. Use it to create your own custom guitar models, right down to the body style, pickup configuration, switching modes, and more. Any guitarist at Sweetwater will confirm that the Variax Workbench software gives you far more capability with your Variax than you thought possible. Haven't you always wanted to build a guitar to your own specs and make it sound the way you want it to - your own unique sound? Now you can, even if you didn't pass wood shop in high school! Join the likes of Les Paul, Leo Fender, and Paul Reed Smith with the Line 6 Variax Workbench custom guitar modeling software.
Line 6 Variax Workbench Software at a Glance:
- Create your own guitars/customize the sounds on the Variax model knob and five-way selector.
- Complete list of guitar bodies, pickups and placement, tone and volume controls.
- Create custom or alternate tunings.
- Make as many guitars as you want.
- Custom digital Variax cable and converter box, USB to Mac or PC.
Line 6's Variax Workbench lets you build your own custom guitar at home on your PC or Mac! Variax Workbench gives you your own personal guitar custom shop with all the tools needed to easily create, store, and share the guitar you've been dreaming of.Unlimited Custom Hardware
With Variax Workbench, you can select from a complete list of guitar bodies, pickups and placement, tone and volume controls, and tweak until you've come up with a guitar that is truly unique. With Workbench, it's like having all the coolest pickups, controls, and bodies of the greatest guitar collection, all at your instant disposal.Custom Tuning
One of the main reasons for having different guitars isn't just the pickups and sound, but the tuning. Workbench allows you to not only make your own guitars, but you can select a custom tuning to go along with it. Now your T-model setting can be in Open G, your Spank model can be tuned a half-step down, and your Lester model can go to Drop D.Supply On Demand
You can make as many guitars as you want using Workbench's Librarian. Keep track of your custom guitars, store them on your computer's hard drive, email them to friends, or just make a CD-ROM backup so you can load your guitars into any Variax you use! Workbench allows you to fill each slot on the Variax Model knob AND five-way switch with your custom guitar collection.Fits In Your Gig Bag
Using the special RJ-45 connector, you can go "inside" and create custom guitar models - and the custom digital Variax cable and converter box included with Variax Workbench, lets you USB into any Windows or Mac OS X computer and edit the guitar entirely on screen. Variax Workbench allows you to SEE exactly what you're playing!
This combination USB interface and Variax Workbench software package allows you to see and hear the physical changes to your custom guitar in real time. Ever wonder what a single-coil pickup would sound like on a hollowbody tuned a whole octave down? Probably not. That's because it wasn't a reality... until now.Line 6 Variax Workbench Software Features:
- Works with all Variax guitars
- Allows you to completely customize any or all of the sounds on the Variax model knob and five-way selector
- Create custom or alternate tunings for any electric guitar you construct
- Easily create, store, share and back-up thousands of guitar models using the librarian feature
- Workbench's detailed graphics allow you to see and hear the guitars you create in real time
- Includes custom RJ-45 cable, USB cable and hardware interface
- Self-powered through USB connection and small enough to throw in your guitar's gig bag (if not your pocket)