An Excellent Lav Alternative!
Lavalier microphones are great, and you're certainly not going to hear otherwise from the highly experienced sales staff here at Sweetwater. They're perfect for many situations; just clip one to your lapel and talk normally - there's really nothing to it. But what if you don't have a lapel on to which you can clip a lavalier? Lav mics instantly become awkward in the wrong situations. That's what inspired RODE when they created their PinMic. The RODE PinMic has all of the basic benefits of a traditional lavalier, including the low noise and the "set it and forget it" convenience that its omnidirectional pickup pattern provides. Instead of clipping on like a lavalier microphone, the PinMic's base and removable capsule actually pin through the fabric of your clothing. You can even paint the PinMic's capsule cover to match the clothing you wear, turning it into the ultimate discreet microphone.RODE PinMic Microphone Features at a Glance:
- Discreet, low-profile wearable microphone
- MiCon terminator allows for easy adaptation to any XLR or any bodypack transmitter
- Requires MiCon adapter (sold separately)
- Pickup pattern: Omnidirectional
- Capsule: Permanently polarized condenser
- Power: 2V-48V
- Frequency range: 60Hz-18kHz
- Output impedance: 3 kohms (typical)
- Signal noise ratio: 69dB
- Maximum SPL: 110dB
- Weight: .035 oz
- Dimensions: .63" x .87" x 1.3"
- Includes a water-resistant pop filter, a mini-furry (small-scale dead-cat-style windsock), an anti-trauma, water-resistant case, and a 5-year warranty