Royer Works His Magic on a Condenser Mic!
David Royer is known worldwide for his modern ribbon microphone designs. But years before Royer Labs opened, David designed and built custom vacuum tube condenser microphones for Los Angeles engineers and recording studios. His early mics were used on many hit recordings and, for engineers who know about them, they are highly prized possessions. David started a custom mic shop, Mojave Audio, and now Mojave has released the MA-200 tube condenser mic. And it's a beauty!
Mojave Audio MA-200 Tube Condenser Mic at a Glance:
- A modern condenser mic with classic characteristics
- Versatile studio performance on vocals and instruments
- Precision construction with quality components
A modern condenser mic with classic characteristics
The MA-200 is the culmination of Royer's 20-plus years of custom microphone design. The large-diaphragm MA-200 gives warm, full-bodied reproductions of vocals and instruments without the shrillness and high-frequency grunge so often encountered with modern condenser microphones.
Versatile studio performance on vocals and instruments
Try the MA-200 on lead and background vocals, voice overs, piano, acoustic instruments, drum overheads, orchestra, spot miking... You'll agree with the engineers who tested this mic that it evokes the characteristics of some of the best-loved vintage European microphones.
Precision construction with quality components
In a world of cookie-cutter imported mics the MA-200 is a breath of fresh air. Using hand-selected 3-micron gold-sputtered capsules, Jensen audio transformers, and military-grade JAN 5840 vacuum tubes, Royer designed the MA-200 with an eye on premium performance.
Sweetwater is one of the select few dealers to carry the MA-200. Call us today to be among the first to get this no-compromise tube condenser mic!Mojave Audio MA-200 Tube Condenser Mic Features:
- Large-diaphragm tube condenser mic
- Full, warm reproduction for vocals, piano, acoustic instruments, drum overheads, orchestra, and spot miking
- Hand-selected 3-micron gold sputtered capsule
- Jensen audio transformers
- Military grade JAN 5840 vacuum tubes
- Frequency response 30Hz-18kHz, +/-2.5dB
- Carry case, power supply, shock mount, and cables included