Versatile Pencil Condenser!
Mojave Audio's MA-101fet microphone is just one more reason engineers all over the world trust Mojave's incredible mics. Created by renowned mic designer David Royer, the MA-101fet is an amazing hybrid microphone that combines the rich sound of the MA-201FET's FET electronics with the accuracy of a traditional pencil condenser. It also gives you the switchable cardioid/omnidirectional capsule from the best-selling MA-100 small-diaphragm mic, adding a world of versatility to your mic locker. Ask your Sweetwater Sales Engineer about Mojave Audio's MA-101fet today!
Mojave Audio MA-101fet Small-diaphragm FET Condenser Microphone at a Glance:
- Switchable cardioid/omni capsule with small-diaphragm accuracy
- Proven FET electronics provide enhanced warmth
- This unique hybrid mic is a real studio workhorse
When David Royer designed the MA-101fet condenser microphone, he started with tried-and-true Mojave Audio designs. That's why he chose the switchable cardioid/omnidirectional capsule from his small-diaphragm MA-100 tube mic. This diaphragm gives the MA-101fet the incredible accuracy of a typical pencil condenser, but won't bring out the harshness of your sound. It's a great condenser element with a wide range of applications.Proven FET electronics provide enhanced warmth
To balance the naturally precise sound of the MA-101fet's small-diaphragm capsule, Royer next borrowed another proven Mojave circuit, the FET electronics found in the MA-201FET. This low-noise circuit embodies the smoothness and warmth typically associated with high-end tube designs, without adding as much coloration. This mellows out the sound of the MA-101fet's capsule perfectly.This unique hybrid mic is a real studio workhorse
By now, you've probably gotten the idea that the MA-101fet is no ordinary microphone. In fact, its hybrid combination of a FET circuit (most commonly found on large-diaphragm condensers) and a small-diaphragm capsule makes it rather unique. So, what can you use a mic like the MA-101fet for? Just about anything! We've tried this mic on drum overheads, acoustic guitars, amps, horns, and even vocals - and every time, we've been absolutely impressed. We're sure that once you get to know this amazing microphone, you're going to feel the same way.Mojave Audio MA-101fet Small-diaphragm FET Condenser Microphone Features:
- An original small-diaphragm FET microphone that's perfect for a wide range of sounds
- Small-diaphragm capsule gives you incredibly accurate sound
- Switchable cardioid and omnidirectional capsules adapt to any recording environment
- Jensen audio transformer ensures the highest quality sound
- Military-grade FET and custom-designed low-noise resistors add smoothness without excessive coloration
- Great for overheads, acoustic guitars, electric guitar cabs, and much more
- Requires +48V phantom power