Get Studio Acoustic Guitar Sound Live!
The LR Baggs Lyric pressure zone acoustic guitar microphone strikes a balance between the fidelity of high-end studio microphones and the indispensable feedback resistance of piezo pickups. The next step in LR Baggs's Tru Mic technology, the Lyric microphone introduces several new patented technologies, including a unique noise-cancellation system that eliminates the boxiness associated with under-saddle acoustic guitar mics, while conveying the sweet highs and natural low end you'd expect from an external microphone. Whether you're recording in the studio of playing out live, you're going to be impressed by the sound quality you get from your LR Baggs Lyric microphone.
LR Baggs Lyric Under-saddle Acoustic Guitar Microphone at a Glance:
- The feedback-fighting power of a piezo with the sound of a studio microphone
- Patent-pending technologies provide unbelievably high-fidelity sound
- Painlessly simple installation will have you up and playing in no time
When it comes to capturing the sound of your favorite acoustic guitar, there's really no question about it: nothing sounds as good as a quality condenser microphone. But in most cases, using a sensitive studio mic live is a recipe for instant feedback. And while piezo pickups offer high gain before feedback, they seldom sound fantastic. Thanks to its unique pressure-zone design and under-saddle position, the LR Baggs Lyric microphone is able to capture full and vibrant acoustic tone, while remaining shielded from feedback-causing reflections. There's no doubt about it, the Lyric is the system to get for full and accurate acoustic sound.Patent-pending technologies provide unbelievably high-fidelity sound
One of the drawbacks of using an internal acoustic guitar microphone is the boxiness of their sound. By placing the featherweight pressure-zone microphone element less than 3mm from the top of your guitar, the LR Baggs Lyric effectively uses the most resonant part of your instrument as its diaphragm. The rest of the magic occurs in the "black box" technologies within the Lyric itself. This includes a noise-canceling system that rejects the boxy midrange reflections outright plus one bit of genius circuitry that tightens your low end, and another that sweetens your highs no matter how hard your play. The effect is nothing short of astonishing.Painlessly simple installation will have you up and playing in no time
If you already have a bored-out strap pin, then installing the complete LR Baggs Lyric microphone and preamplifier system is freakishly simple. First, you attach the microphone itself to the underside of the bridge plate via a simple, ultra-thin peel-and-stick adhesive pad, and the soundhole controls mount similarly. The Lyric's endpin preamp is simple enough to set in place too, but we'd recommend having a professional, such as one of the experts in Sweetwater's own guitar workshop, do the actual drilling and installation. Call your Sweetwater Sales Engineer for further details.LR Baggs Lyric Under-saddle Acoustic Guitar Microphone Features:
- A featherweight pressure-zone-style under-saddle acoustic guitar microphone with the sound of a studio mic and the feedback-fighting quality of a piezo pickup
- Microphone's proximity to your guitar's top allows high gain before feedback while capturing the full sound of your instrument
- Revolutionary noise-canceling technology rejects boxy internal reflections
- Patent-pending circuitry provides tight lows, sweet highs, and full-range dynamics
- Onboard presence control offers further tone-shaping options
- Entire system (microphone, soundhole control, and endpin preamp) mounts easily
- Professional installation available - call your Sweetwater Sales Engineer for details