32 Channels of Consummate Compression and Essential EQ
Liquid Mix is another Focusrite first and a true one-of-a-kind. Based on the same technology that brought the audio world the acclaimed Liquid Channel, Focusrite now brings Liquid Technology to everyone at a much more accessible price. Focusrite Liquid Mix offers emulations of 40 compressors and 20 EQs with a FireWire Hardware controller. Thanks to its built-in DSP, you can have up to 32 channels of vintage or modern compression and EQ with one Focusrite Liquid Mix.Focusrite Liquid Mix at a Glance:
- Now available for Windows XP and all Macs!
- Dynamic convolution offers any compressor and EQ in history, plus you can create 7-band hybrid EQs.
- 32 channels of compression and 32 EQs run off the desktop hardware's own DSP.
- Software and Hardware control.
- Optional Expansion Card.
Now available for Windows XP and all Macs!
Liquid Mix v1.5 features software solutions for PC and all Macs, including Intel Macs, and operates within every major sequencer, including both Pro Tools HD and LE (version 7.0 and above, using included VST/RTAS wrapper). Version 1.5 is available as a download from Focusrite's website.
Any Compressor and EQ in History
Each of Liquid Mix's 32 channels provides Compressor and EQ emulations selected from a huge pool of high-quality vintage and modern day classics. 40 Compressors and 20 EQs are available straight out of the box, with an expanding library online. Furthermore, a totally unique hybrid 7-band 'super EQ' can be built out of separate classic EQ sections in every one of the 32 channels. Each channel appears as a separate VST/AU/RTAS effect within the sequencer and will work within all major applications, including Pro Tools.
Liquid Mix uses the same patented Dynamic Convolution process as Focusrite's Liquid Channel. Unlike standard convolution techniques, Dynamic Convolution utilizes vast processing power to sample the effect of a classic processor on a series of audio pulses, at many different gain settings and frequencies. In Liquid Mix, all this processing is done using onboard DSP, so the processing has almost no effect on your computer's own CPU.
Software and Hardware control
Liquid Mix's DSP is housed within an elegant desktop control solution and connects to the computer via Firewire, which also provides bus-powering. The physical metering, screen, rotary controls and buttons on the hardware help to provide a tactile ergonomic solution, placing the sounds of an array of high quality vintage processors at your fingertips. You can choose to control each channel either from the desktop control unit, or from within the sequencer, using a simple GUI that functions exactly like a plug-in.
Optional Expansion Card
An optional expansion card is available for Liquid Mix, allowing users to increase the number of available channels at higher sample rates (sold separately). The card is quick and easy to install and fits neatly into the underside of the unit.
The original Liquid Channel won a plethora of awards, and has been a worldwide hit in the audio production world, from project studios to post production and broadcast facilities, not to mention the Live arena. Liquid Mix complements the original, delivering dynamic convolution for use in the mix. Since The Liquid Channel's vast, elaborate and expensive analog mic-pre section is not required at mix down, Focusrite has been able to bring Liquid Technology to the masses.Focusrite Liquid Mix Features:
- Every Liquid Mix channel uses dynamic convolution to provide 40 compressors and 20 EQs, with a free expanding library online.
- 32 Channels of Liquid Mix Compression and 32 EQs run off the desktop hardware's own DSP - many more than are possible with CPU alone
- EQ and Compression can be applied via a hands-on control surface, or within your DAW application via a simple GUI.
- Unique 7-band super EQs can be created, constructed from separate classic EQ sections of your choosing
- Large format LED bar-graphs mean ergonomic display of levels and processor impact.
- An optional DSP expansion card is available to increase the maximum channel count at higher sample rates.
- Liquid Mix's onboard DSP hosts 32 classic EQs and 32 vintage compressors simultaneously in the mix - an impossible task to achieve with your computer's CPU alone.