Legendary LA-2A and 610 Mic Pre in One!
The LA-610 Mk II brings UA's legendary vintage "all tube" luxury sound into a modern channel strip format by combining the 610 mic pre/EQ/DI section and a T4 opto-compressor into a single 2U design with a ground-breaking price! For a limited time, UA is issuing a "mark II" of their famous LA-610, sporting true bypass on the compressor circuit, larger metering, improved output signal, and super-cool "Black on Black" cosmetics. If you're looking for a sound that's steeped in history, check out the LA-610 Mk II!
Universal Audio LA-610 Mk II at a Glance:
- New version of a studio classic
- Compression with the same musical control of the LA-2A
- Great front end for digital recording
The LA-610 Mk II is a re-tooled version of UA's best-selling professional audio channel strip. For audiophiles, the mark II includes true bypass in the compressor circuit and improved output signal. The LA-610 mkII has also been given a unique interior and exterior cosmetic upgrade, and its distinctive "black-face" look sets it clearly apart from the "classic" LA-610.Compression with the same musical control of the LA-2A
The 610 tube preamp, DI, and EQ is identical to the original LA-610, and is based on the legendary console modules developed by Bill Putnam in the 60's. Countless classics have been recorded using these preamps, noted for their musical character and warmth. The simple operation and program dependent nature of the LA-610 Mk II T4 compressor provides the same extremely musical control that has made the LA-2A such a well-loved classic for over 40 years. The LA-610 Mk II packs tremendous sonic versatility and is an ideal front-end for tracking with modern DAW's and the serious project studio looking to get the UA sonic experience: real quality and character at an accessible price. After the preamp section, the LA-610 Mk II offers a T4 optical compressor with true bypass. The electro-optical detector or "T4 cell", is the very heart and soul of the Teletronix LA-2A. The unique combination of electroluminescent panel and photo-resistors inside the T4 cell are the crucial circuit components that give both these compressors their signature sound.Great front end for digital recording
The LA-610 Mk II packs tremendous sonic versatility and is an ideal front end for tracking with modern DAWs and the serious project studio looking to get the UA sonic experience : real quality and character at an accessible price.Universal Audio LA-610 Mk II Features at a Glance:
- Complete vintage channel strip at groundbreaking price within project studio reach!
- Legendary Bill Putnam 610 tube mic pre and EQ used on countless classic recordings
- Authentic Teletronix LA-2A-style T4 opto-compressor
- Mic pre with gain and level controls, variable impedance switching, and instrument DI for recording tone "color"
- UA build quality and heritage, audiophile components, hand-assembled in the USA
- True Compressor Bypass
- Mic Pre/DI with Gain and Level Controls, EQ, and Authentic Teletronix LA-2A-Style T4 Opto Compressor
- "Black on Black" Cosmetics
- Larger Metering
- Improved Output Signal
- Auto-sensing Power Supply