Legendary LA-2A and 610 Mic Pre in One!
The LA-610 MkII brings Universal Audio's legendary vintage all-tube sound into a modern channel strip format by combining their 610 mic pre/EQ/DI and T4 opto compressor into a single 2U chassis with a pricetag any serious project studio can afford. The Mark II version of UA's famous LA-610 sports true bypass on the compressor circuit, larger metering, increased output signal, and super-cool black-on-black cosmetics. If you're looking for incredible sound that's steeped in history, check out the LA-610 MkII.
A modern studio classic
The LA-610 MkII is a re-tooled version of UA's best-selling professional audio channel strip. Audiophiles here at Sweetwater particularly appreciate the MkII's compressor circuit true bypass and the optimized output signal. The MkII has also been given a unique exterior cosmetic upgrade, and its distinctive look sets it clearly apart from the classic LA-610. The unit packs tremendous sonic versatility and is an ideal front end for tracking with modern DAWs and the serious project studio seeking authentic UA sound. Handcrafted in Universal Audio's Scotts Valley, California labs, the '610 offers weapons-grade build quality and colorful sonic character at an accessible price.
An ideal front end for your studio
The tube preamp/DI/EQ section of the LA-610 MkII is based on the legendary console modules developed by Bill Putnam in the late 1950s and early '60s. From The Beach Boys to Van Halen to Coldplay, countless classics have been recorded using these preamps, noted for their musical character and warmth. After the preamp section, the '610 offers a T4 optical compressor with true bypass. The electro-optical detector (T4 cell) is the very heart and soul of the Teletronix LA-2A. The unique combination of electroluminescent panel and photo-resistors inside the T4 are the crucial circuit components that give both these compressors their signature sound. The simple operation and program-dependent nature of the T4 compressor provide the same extremely musical control that has made the LA-2A such a well-loved classic for over 50 years. As a channel strip, the LA-610 MkII packs tremendous sonic versatility and value. It's an ideal front end for commercial, project, and home studios alike.
Universal Audio LA-610 MkII Features:
- Complete vintage tube channel strip at a project-studio-friendly price
- Mic pre/DI with gain and level controls, high- and low-frequency shelving EQ, variable impedance switching
- Legendary Bill Putnam 610 tube mic pre and EQ used on countless classic recordings
- Authentic Teletronix-style T4 opto compressor
- Record your tracks with variable, vintage-style tonal color
- UA build quality and heritage, audiophile-grade components
- True bypass for compressor circuit
- Large, instantly readable meter; increased output, auto-switching power supply
- Handcrafted in UA's Scotts Valley, California labs