Affordable British Console Distortion and Drive
Ever since the Colour Box first came out, customers have been coming to Sweetwater asking how they can get that same iconic console distortion but in a more affordable pedal that's built just for guitar. That's why we're so excited to offer the JHS Crayon. The Crayon beautifully emulates the distressed sound of a classic British recording console pushed to the limit. Between the Master volume control and the Pre drive control, you can dial in anything from a touch of warmth to fuzzy and chaotic overdrive. And while the JHS Crayon doesn't have the full 3-band EQ of the Colour Box, its switchable highpass filter tilt EQ control lets you shift the balance between highs and lows in a way that delivers exceptional tone shaping.
JHS Crayon Console Distortion Pedal Features:
- The same amazing distortion of the Colour Box, but in a more affordable guitar pedal
- 100% analog signal path, based on the design of classic Neve mixing consoles
- Dual gain stages deliver everything from subtle sweetening to full-on distortion
- Re-creates the classic sound of plugging a guitar directly into a mic preamp
- Shape your tone with a switchable highpass filter (internally selectable) and a tilt EQ