The Classic Electric Grand — in a Plug-in
From Elton John and Peter Gabriel to Herbie Hancock and Vangelis, the Yamaha CP-80 was the definitive 1980s electric grand piano sound. For their Electric 80 Piano virtual instrument, Waves expertly sampled a fastidiously maintained CP-80, and the results deliver the classic shiny leads and reverberant chords that graced some of our favorite '80s rock, jazz, pop, and R&B. The original electro-acoustic instrument featured fewer strings per key than a traditional acoustic piano, resulting in a streamlined sound that's easier to mix into your music. Waves Electric 80 captures all the magic, including its tone controls, tremolo, and Sustain Resonance, which lets you control the simulated sympathetic resonance of un-played strings — ideal for adding depth and dimension to both solos and chords.
Every note a classic
You know most of the songs by heart. The Police, Journey, U2, George Duke, Billy Joel, Phil Collins, Toto, Hall & Oates. For these and countless other artists of the era, the original Yamaha CP-80 electric grand was essential kit. Flash forward to today, and the CP-80's classic sound is once again finding favor with contemporary bands. Waves brings you this timeless sound in a convenient plug-in with a fast, user-friendly interface. The mixer section lets you blend four sounds sampled from the original instrument: the main sound, plus the key up, internal mechanics, and sustain pedal. Factor in the onboard, studio-grade effects and compression, and you're ready to unleash this essential classic keyboard onstage or in the studio. Sweetwater's advice: Waves' Electric 80 Piano sounds great and it's an amazing value. Go for it!
Waves Electric 80 Piano Features:
- Meticulously sampled from the classic Yamaha CP-80 electric grand piano
- Includes tone controls from the original instrument
- Mix section lets you add sounds sampled from the original: key up, mechanics, sustain pedal
- Onboard studio-grade compressor/limiter
- Included effects: tremolo, autopan, phaser, chorus, and reverb
- May be played as a plug-in or as a standalone instrument
- SoundGrid operation requires Waves SoundGrid Server hardware