Incredible Vintage Keyboard and Piano Emulation!
The Yamaha CP1 is an amazing digital stage piano that sounds and feels like no other. This premium instrument has a retro look and a minimalist control section, but under its surface lies some incredible technology. A unique new Spectral Component Modeling (SCM) tone generation system accurately lets the CP1 create the sound of acoustic and vintage electronic pianos. In addition, Yamaha developed a new NW-STAGE wooden key action to meet the demands of top professionals. This combination of touch and tone make the CP1 one of the most expressive stage pianos.
The CP1's Spectral Component Modeling tone generation technology meticulously re-creates the sounds of 17 of Yamaha's acoustic and vintage electronic pianos, including the CFIIIS, S6B, the CP80, Rd1, Rd II, Wr and the DX7. We had an opportunity to hear the legendary Ellis Hall play this fabulous piano, and its faithful reproduction some of these classic pianos simply blew us away!
The CP1's Spectrum Component Modeling system achieves its ultra-realistic tone generation by replicating the instrument's physical components such as the hardness of the hammers and the resonance of its sound board. Using granular data, it translates every nuance of the player's touch into an expressive tone. The CP1 models also uses Virtual Circuit Modeling to replicate the effect units, amplifiers, compressors, EQ and other equipment that were so essential in creating many of those legendary vintage sounds.Yamaha CP1 Digital Stage Piano Features:
- SCM (Spectral Component Modeling) tone generation system
- 17 selected acoustic and vintage electric piano sounds
- NW-STAGE wooden weighted keyboard
- VCM emulations of historical pedals including phasers, flangers, wahs and choruses
- Customize function to create your own original piano sound
- Convenient Master Keyboard function
- Three pedal unit (Sustain, Sostenuto, Soft) included
- Bundled with Steinberg Cubase AI DAW software