Discover the Power of a Reinvented Classic Condenser!
From the leading broadcast facilities world-wide to the recording studios and the performance stages that have hosted the top musical artists of all genres for more than 60 years, the AKG C414 large Diaphragm Condenser Microphone needs little introduction. There are few microphones that are as widely considered a de facto part of any professional engineer's mic locker as this famous microphone. Part of what has maintained the C414 as an industry standard has been its impressive versatility, and AKG has pushed the envelope again with the addition of the C414 XLS to this famous line.
The C414 XLS is an astonishing microphone. Engineered for highest linearity and neutral sound, it maintains the reliable sonic character of the legendary C414 B-ULS (the longest-lived C414 model) while introducing some astonishing new features. The 5-pattern C414 has been one of the most universal and versatile large diaphragm microphone for decades — widely used for accurate, exquisitely detailed pickup of acoustic instruments. Now, the C414 XLS sets a new benchmark in microphone versatility by introducing a 9-pattern design, while achieving reference-quality results through leading-edge technology and state-of-the-art components.
The C414 XLS offers nine pickup patterns which enable you to choose the perfect setting for every application. In addition to the five patterns traditionally offered by the C414 (omnidirectional, wide cardioid, cardioid, hypercardioid, and figure eight), you also get four intermediate settings that let you dial in the best pattern to suit your environment. It also features an astoundingly low noise floor and a 152dB dynamic range, making the C414 XLS ideal for any musical environment. A locking mode allows you to disable all of the C414 XLS's controls for live-sound applications and permanent installations, and a special "Peak Hold" LED displays even shortest overload peaks.AKG C414 XLS Multi-pattern Condenser Microphone Features at a Glance:
- Omni, wide cardioid, cardioid, hypercardioid, figure eight, and four intermediate pickup patterns
- Lock Mode disables all controls easily for live and installation use
- Incredible Dynamic Range of 152 dB
- Three different bass cut filters and three pre-attenuation levels
- Peak Hold LED detects even shortest overload peaks
- Includes carrying case, pop filter, windscreen, and spider-type shock mount
- Frequency range: 20 to 20 000 Hz
- Sensitivity: 20 mV/Pa (-34 dBV) +/- 0.5 dB
- Max. SPL: 200/400/800/1600 Pa = 140/146/152/158 dB (0/-6/-12/-18 dB) for 0.5% THD
- Equivalent noise level: 6 dB-A (0 dB preattenuation) (IEC 60268-4)
- Signal/noise ratio: 88 dB
- Preattenuation pad: 0 dB, -6 dB, -12 dB, -18 dB, switchable
- Bass cut filter slope: 12 dB/octave at 40 Hz and 80 Hz; 6 dB/octave at 160 Hz
- Impedance: <=200 ohms
- Recommended load impedance: >= 2,200 ohms
- Powering: approximately 4 mA
- Connector: 3-pin XLR to IEC
- Dimensions: 50 x 38 x 160 mm (2.0 x 1.5 x 6.3 in.)
- Net weight: 300g (10.6oz.)
- Requires +48V phantom power