Affordable Price, Expensive Sound!
The B1 condenser mic is an excellent do-all general purpose recording mic, great for close-miking amplifiers or for production, broadcast, and voice over work. It also makes a quality vocal mic suitable for all vocal styles. The B1 is a large diaphragm cardioid microphone in a pressure-gradient transducer employing high-quality transformerless design and extremely low noise. It will enhance any professional or project studio application at an unbelievable low price. For anyone looking to enter the world of high-quality recording without spending a small fortune, the B1 is a perfect fit!
Being versatile is the key in the recording arena, and the Studio Projects B1 is no exception. Equipped with a true 1" 3 micron gold sputtered large diaphragm in a pressure gradient transducer capsule, the B1 will deliver the finest quality of vocal and instrumentation recordings in a wide variety of applications while offering a natural extended transparent high end, yet offer the thick bodied low end expected from a quality microphone.
Studio Projects increased capsule voltage for all large diaphragm solid-state mics resulting in higher sensitivity, better signal to noise ratio, and increased low-mid and low-end response (a "rounder" sound). All Studio Projects mics have higher quality capacitors in high impedance sections for improved audio quality. The B1 now features two discrete 3-way switches to select two levels of pad (- 10dB, -20dB) and two highpass filters (75Hz, 150Hz). The result — cardioid only mics now have 9 operating modes!Studio Projects B1 Features at a Glance:
- Type: FET 3 micron 1" large single diaphragm
- Polar pattern: cardioid.
- Frequency response: 20Hz-20kHz
- Sensitivity: -34dB,(0dB=1V/Pa)
- Output impedance: <200 Ohm.
- Load impedance: >1000 Ohm.
- Maximum SPL: 132db
- Noise: 12dB-A (IEC651)
- S/N: 82 dB.
- Current consumption: <2.5mA.
- Circuit: transformerless circuit, featuring extremely low self noise and large dynamic range.
- Connector: Gold-plated 3-pin XLR
- Pad: 10dB or 20dB
- Low cut : 6dB/Octave at 150 Hz or 75Hz
- Pressure-gradient transducer
- Dual selectable highpass Filters (75Hz & 150Hz)
- Dual selectable pads (-10dB & -20dB)
- Shockmount and windscreen included
- Requires +48V phantom power, 44V to 52V