MOTU's Premier FireWire Interface!
The MOTU 896HD contains everything you need to turn your computer into a powerful 24-bit, 192kHz digital audio workstation. The MOTU 896HD provides 8 mic preamps, pristine 192kHz analog I/O, 8 channels of ADAT digital I/O and stereo AES/EBU. Expand your system by connecting additional MOTU 828 mkII or MOTU 896HD FireWire audio interfaces.
Loads of Inputs
The MOTU 896HD is equally well-suited for studio and stage, with or without a computer. As a computer interface, the MOTU 896HD provides 18 separate inputs and 22 outputs, including separate main outs and headphone out.
You can add additional send/return loops using the MOTU 896HD's new CueMix DSP on-board mixing feature, a flexible DSP-driven 18-input/8-bus mixing and monitoring matrix that eliminates the need for an external mixer or patchbay. Connect all of your studio gear, including microphones, guitars, synths, keyboards, drum machines and even effects processors. Then monitor all of these live inputs via the MOTU 896HD's main outs, headphone jack or any other output - with virtually no monitoring latency and no processor drain on your computer. You can even create separate monitor mixes for the main outs, headphones and other outputs. Control everything from the included CueMix Console software or directly from the MOTU 896HD's front-panel.
Use the MOTU 896HD Live
Need to hit the road? Program the MOTU 896HD at the studio with the CueMix Console software and then take the MOTU 896HD on the road for mixing/monitoring without a computer. Bus levels can be adjusted without the computer by using the front panel Monitor Level knob.
Ideal for the Studio
Back in the studio, 8 channels of ADAT optical digital I/O, plus stereo AES/EBU, make the MOTU 896HD an ideal companion for a digital mixer. All digital I/O connections support standard sample rates up to 96kHz.
Mac or PC
The MOTU 896HD provides cross-platform compatibility with Mac OS 9, Mac OS X (version 10.2 or later) , Windows Me/2000/XP and all of your favorite audio software and host-based effects via WDM/ASIO/Core Audio/Sound Manager drivers. Or you can use the included AudioDesk workstation software for Macintosh, with 24-bit recording/editing and 32-bit mixing/processing/mastering.
- CueMix DSP latency-free monitoring system.
- Stand-alone operation - program your mixes at the studio and then bring the MOTU 896HD to your gig - no computer needed.
- Multiple CueMix DSP mixes - create different monitor mixes for the main outs and headphones. Add send/return loops for outboard gear - with no latency. Up to four separate mixes are supported (two at 176.4 or 192kHz).
- Eight mic pre-amps with switchable 48-volt phantom power and front-panel trim controls.
- 18 inputs / 22 outputs - there's no channel sharing in the MOTU 896HD; the analog inputs, optical inputs, AES/EBU I/O, headphone out and main outs are all handled as separate channels. At 176.4 or 192 kHz, main outs and headphone are mirrored.
- 8 channels of 24-bit ADAT optical input/output. Eight channels at 44.1/48kHz. Four channels at 88.2/96kHz.
- Sample-accurate digital transfers between ADAT digital tape decks and the computer via the ADAT sync port.
- Expandable - add additional 828, 828mkII, 896 or MOTU 896HD FireWire interfaces for additional I/O.
- Eight 24-bit 192kHz analog inputs on XLR/TRS combo jacks.
- Eight 24-bit 192kHz analog outputs on XLR jacks.
- Separate XLR main outs and front-panel headphone jack, each with independent volume control.
- Stereo 24-bit 96kHz AES/EBU in/out
- Word clock in and out
- Includes drivers for Mac & PC, including ASIO, WDM, Wave, GSIF, and Core Audio. Supports all popular Macintosh and Windows audio software.
- 100% compatible with all host-based effects processing in today's popular audio programs.
- Includes AudioDesk full-featured sample-accurate workstation software for the Macintosh with recording, editing, mixing, real-time 32-bit effects processing & sample-accurate sync.
- Two FireWire ports for daisy-chaining without a hub
- Front panel volume control for main outputs.
- Front panel headphone jack with independent volume control.
- Programmable front panel meters for all analog and digital I/O
- Dedicated front panel clock status LEDs.