VSL has just announced that it has updated its Vienna Ensemble to version 2.0.2870 (for Windows XP / Vista 32- and 64-bit versions) and version 2.0.2869 (for Mac OS X 10.4.11 and 10.5.x and higher). Vienna Ensemble is a mixing and host software application that works exclusively with VSL’s Vienna Instruments. It is available to registered users as a free download on the VSL web site for all registered users of Vienna Instruments. Just a few of the changes include:
- MIDI channels increment from last selected instrument when adding new instruments.
- MIDI port stays the same as last selected instrument when adding new instruments.
- Fixed disappearing MIDI issue in standalone version on 64-bit platform (Windows).
- Added System Tray Icon (Windows).
- Added Multichannel capability to RTAS plugin (OS X).
Native Instruments has just announced the release of a new Mac OSX-compatible driver for their popular Traktor Scratch software. Thanks to the new Audio 8 DK Driver version 2.2.16, Scratch now supports both Mac OS X 10.4.11 and 10.5 and up. This update also includes a new firmware upgrade to version 2.2 and also comes with a few bug fixes, in particular the “frozen input problem.”