Kurzweil has released the much-anticipated version 1.10 OS and Objects for its PC3 and PC3x. All Kurzweil PC3 and PC3x keyboards shipped beginning today will have the update already installed. For those of you who want to know what features have been added, here’s just a partial list, compiled by our own Daniel Fisher:
- Setups have been added for a total of 75, plus the control, clear, and default templates.
- Every program (except KB3) now has its own demo sequence.
- Program buttons 1 to 8 are now programmable in the setups.
- A Tap Tempo feature allows you to update the tempo of the system in real time.
- Both a 3-band compressor and a 5-band parametric EQ are onboard.
- The Info button in Program Select mode now shows very useful information about the current program
- Drawbars/Sliders now toggle in setup mode. This was heavily requested feature.
- There’s a Velocity Map fix so you can select between different Key Action Maps to alter the velocity response.
- The new Buttons mode is a feature from the K26-series that allows users to record program edits in a sequence.