Most of you know by now that iZotope’s iDrum turns your Mac or PC into a powerful, simple-to-use, virtual drum machine that allows you to build patterns with its lightning-fast step sequencer, using the included kits or even your own drum or percussion samples. Well, we’ve just gotten word that iZotope has updated iDrum to version 1.70. What’s more, they have also lowered the MSRP to just $59.99! Here are just some of the changes you can expect:
- Support for time signatures other than 4/4.
- New “traditional” swing feature allows you to add swing to 8th or 16th notes (old Swing/humanize feature now called “Groove”).
- There’s a new Song Editor window that helps you quickly organize patterns into songs.
- Copy and paste steps by shift-clicking and dragging.
- iDrum Sound Portal adds an easy way to get more sounds for iDrum.
- Performance optimizations and minor bug fixes.