BIAS has informed us that it has posted version 6.0.4 of both its Peak Pro and Peak LE audio editing software. There’s also an upgrade available for SoundSoap Pro to version 1.2.1. Registered users can download these upgrades.
Among the issues resolved in Peak Pro 6.0.4 are:
- Fixed a problem where CD-TEXT in a DDP fileset containing accented characters could have those characters missing on discs produced from that DDP fileset.
- Fixed a problem in which Playlist output could contain a burst of noise (i.e., in bounced files or burned audio CDs).
- Fixed a problem in which saving Broadcast WAV dual mono assets could hang Peak.
- Fixed a problem where Peak could get stuck in a loop when simultaneously auditioning in the Playlist and double-clicking in the Audio Document Overview.
- Fixed a problem where choosing certain ImpulseVerb Impulses could result in an error dialog being displayed.
- Fixed a problem in the Playlist, where reordering Regions that contain cross-fades could result in break point envelopes not being reset properly, and Pauses being inserted between reordered events.
- Fixed a problem where scrubbing would not loop properly if output volume was lowered.
SoundSoap Pro 1.2.1 fixes include (but are not limited to):
- Knobs are now rotated using a vertical gesture instead of circular.
- Fixed a spectogram redraw problem in the RTAS version.
- Improved rendering times in Vegas 5.
- Fixed a problem where clicking could occur upon audio playback when used in Vegas 5.0.
- Improved default broadband noise learning characteristics.
- Fixed a problem where graphic redraws in Wavelab could be very slow on a low-end PC.
- Fixed a problem where SoundSoap Pro’s user interface activity could stop when the mouse button was held down on the user interface of the host program.
- Fixed a graphics problem that could occur when other floating interface windows moved over the SoundSoap Pro user interface.
- Fixed a problem in the RTAS/AS edition, where loading SoundSoap Pro after the HASP authorization key has been removed and reinserted could cause a crash.
- Fixed a problem in the VST edition, where controls would not respond in some hosts.
- Fixed a problem where SoundSoap Pro could cause Master Perfection Suite plug-ins to fail scan on some hosts.
- Fixed a problem where SoundSoap Pro would not install on Windows XP 64 Edition.