Steinberg has announced version 3.1 of Cubase SX and Cubase SL, which will be available in August. New features:
- Studio Connections II: Audio Integration for monitoring and mixing Studio Manager devices just like VST instruments in the audio mixer. Instruments not supported by Studio Connections can be integrated as well.
- Control external hardware effects via MIDI.
- Support for optional Dolby Digital and DTS Encoder plug-ins
- Processor optimization for not only Mac and PC multiprocessor systems, but also the latest AMD and Intel DualCore processors as well as Hyperthreading and DualCore over dual processors
- “Equal Power” panner
- New mixer key commands
- Extended copy functions for mixer channels
- MIDI output delay compensation when using external MIDI instruments routed through the VST audio mixer.
- “Freezing” of MIDI track playback parameters into MIDI data.