Q: “The LCD display on my Roland Fantom seems to go off after a little while. Do you have any ideas what might be wrong with it?”
A: The Fantom has a Backlight Saver function that can prolong the life of the Graphic LCD display backlight. If there are no panel operations or MIDI input for the specified amount of time (The setting options are: OFF, 5, 10, 20, 30, 40, 50 or 60 minutes), the backlight will go dark. Playing the keyboard or sending an incoming MIDI message will activate the backlight again.
Use the following procedure to turn on or off the Backlight Saver:
- Press MENU.
- Rotate the VALUE Dial to select “System Edit.”
- Press button #8 “Select.”
- Press #1 to select “General.”
- CURSOR RIGHT and then CURSOR DOWN to select “Backlight Saver.”
- Rotate the VALUE Dial to make your selection (OFF, 5, 10, 20, 30, 40, 50 or 60 minutes).
- To save this setting, press button #6 “Write.”
- Press #8 “Execute” twice to finish the write procedure.
- Press EXIT to return to the play display.