0% Interest for 24 Months! Learn more »
(800) 222-4700
  • Español: (800) 222-4701
June 2017 Giveaway


A word used to describe a very narrow band of frequencies to be cut by an equalizer. When an EQ circuit has a very high Q (narrow bandwidth) it is sometimes referred to as a notch filter. Notch filters are commonly used to suppress feedback in monitor or PA systems, and are sometimes used to remove specific types of hum and noise in recordings.

Share this Article