Q: “Can I link automation data to an audio event in Cubase SL?”
A: You bet – you can also do it in Cubase SX and Nuendo. The following are some tips on how to do it in Cubase SL and other information that will help you while you’re doing it.
- In Cubase SL, using the object selection tool, create a selection that includes the audio material and the automation points.
- Select “Group” from the Edit menu or press Ctrl+G. The audio material is now grouped with the automation points you have selected with it.
- Moving the audio data will move the automation points with it; the grouped automation data can still be moved independently from the audio.
- You can also select a portion of the automation data and copy/paste it (ie. Ctrl+C and Ctrl+V) to wherever you like in the automation track.
- You can also move grouped automation points around, including up and down.
- You can ungroup the automation points from each other and from the audio material by selecting the group and clicking on “Ungroup” in the Edit menu or pressing Ctrl+U.