Yes, the Autograph eq was added with firmware v1.05 or later.
You can download the latest firmware and find instructions for Autograph at:
Instructions for Autograph ™ for VSX 26 (v1.05)
The Autograph algorithm for VSX 26 can measure and automatically set your front end graphic EQ’s to eliminate peaks in your acoustic environment. We have designed this process to be as unobtrusive as possible and have eliminated the need for lengthy pink noise sessions. Pink noise is ramped up and left active only long enough for the VSX26 to take snapshots of the sound field. The system makes three sweeps of the sound field (each of which is a four measurement average … total of 12 measurements) and sets the filters as needed. You can also make multiple measurements from different locations (recommended) and automatically average them together to better smooth out the performance of your system.
1. Hook up PVR2 measuring microphone to front panel.
2. In “MIC” setup screen, make sure phantom is on and the gain is set sufficiently high (start around 60dB gain to make sure it picks up signal…). Standard mic placements and measuring techniques apply. Excessive background noise will have a negative effect on the process and should be avoided.
3. Make sure matrix is set up the way you want to use it in the real system. You do not need to route the MIC anywhere… the AutographT algorithm will take care of that.
4. Outputs should be wired up to amps, which in turn should be connected to speakers as in a normal setup.
5. Amps should be turned on and at least turned up to moderate volume…
6. Select TOOLS->AUTOGRAPH->OK->START NEW ANALYSIS and the system will automatically ramp up noise signals and make measurements… 3 times on Input A then 3 on input B. If the signal does not hear sufficient level it will kick out.
7. A warning screen will be displayed… “Automatically adjust Graphic EQ? … Pink noise generated”.
8. Three options will be displayed:
* Start New Analysis
Clear/reset existing GEQ settings, make analysis, adjust GEQ with results
* Analyze Again and Average Results
Does NOT reset existing GEQ settings and averages the analysis with existing settings. Will average as many measurements as performed.